How do I use my iPhone 6 in Costa Rica?
MIChiefGCB

I have the International Calling Plan for use while I am vacationing in CR next week. I know to turn off the data portion of the cellular roaming setting. If I need to call the US while there, do I simply dial 011 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx? Also, how do I call local numbers in CR while there? Just the local number (xxxx-xxxx) or do I need to dial the country code (506) as well?  Thanks for any help.

Gregg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I use my iPhone 6 in Costa Rica?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A trip to Costa Rica sounds like an exciting time, MIChiefGCB. Let's make sure you have all the important details on how to make a call.

If you will be calling out to the US, here are the needed steps to do so:

Many Phones, allow the international call prefix "+" to be entered in their saved number lists, often by holding down the '0' key or with two consecutive presses of the * key. When making a call the system then automatically converts the "+" to the correct international prefix.  

To the US: Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number

Local: Dial Plus Sign then Country Code then Local Number with Area Code (if applicable)

Let us know if you have additional questions.

You may also use the Interactive Trip Planner as well to receive a copy of the instructions:

http://spr.ly/6588BdBL2

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I use my iPhone 6 in Costa Rica?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A trip to Costa Rica sounds like an exciting time, MIChiefGCB. Let's make sure you have all the important details on how to make a call.

If you will be calling out to the US, here are the needed steps to do so:

Many Phones, allow the international call prefix "+" to be entered in their saved number lists, often by holding down the '0' key or with two consecutive presses of the * key. When making a call the system then automatically converts the "+" to the correct international prefix.  

To the US: Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number

Local: Dial Plus Sign then Country Code then Local Number with Area Code (if applicable)

Let us know if you have additional questions.

You may also use the Interactive Trip Planner as well to receive a copy of the instructions:

http://spr.ly/6588BdBL2

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes