Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How is that possible?
tevb

I have been with Verizon since 2004.  This is the first time that I can honestly say that I am disappointed with the company.  I preorded two telephones on 09/12.  I placed the order over the phone, and this begins my drama.  I upgrade one line to the 6 on a new 2 year agreement.  The second line, I upgrade via EDGE to the 6+.  I get an email that the order shipped with delivery on the 19th.  I look at FEDEX and see the weight of my package seemed to be for one phone.

I call VZW on the 18th to find out the Rep who took the order, completed the order for the 2 year  agreement.  He did not completed the the EDGE upgrade, which I cannot get a real answer on why.  So the Rep suggested I go to the store on the 19th to get the 6+.  I was number 2 in line  just for the Reps in the store to say we have no 6+ in stock.

My issue with VZW is this, I find it hard to believe that they had no idea that the majority of Corporate Stores would not have the 6+ on launch day.  I went ahead on the 19th and preordered in the store. I have read in this forum that customers who ordered well after the 19th are receiving their devices.  How is that possible?

I am not going to go as far as to say I am leaving VZW.  It is not that serious.  I just feel that if VZW would have been more forthcoming, mainly for those of us who camped out to be denied the 6+, we would not feel screwed.  The waiting game is a killer.  I think it would have been less painful if VZW would have somehow warned us of the in store of the  launch day shortage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How is that possible?
Loquat

tevb I know it sucks to not have your phone.  But the Internet was swarming with stories prior to launch day clearly saying that it would be nexit to impossible to find a 6+ anywhere. Some people lucked out...but I would have camped out at and Apple Store rather than a VZW store if I wanted any chance at having the new device.

0 Likes
Re: How is that possible?
tevb

True.  I was really hoping that they would have a few in the store.  A rep even asked in line around 7 lauch day, what phones are you here for.  We tell him the 6+.  He repsonds you'll love it, then the same Rep says we do not have them.  It is that right there that gets me.

0 Likes