How to add the iPhone 6?
TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently, we are on your Nationwide Loyalty Share 550 plan, month to month. I would like to upgrade one device to an iPhone 6 Plus. From the website, it looks like doing this would cause our monthly bill to increase by $60/month: $40 for the smart phone, plus $30 for each of our 3 regular phones, plus $20 for 500 GB of data.

But if we use "Build Your New Plan," a brand new plan would be an increase of only $30/month for the same thing.

In another place on these discussions you mention an article saying that starting April 17, current customers can add a smart phone for $30/month.

This is all very confusing.

Terrell

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to add the iPhone 6?
Weth
Legend

Smartphone with contract will be $40. There is a special on basic phone lines that is $20 rather than $30.  So your cost should be 40+20+20+20 and then +20 for data or $120. Savino $10 per line x 3 on the basic phones is your $30 difference.  You may need to work with a corporate store or customer service. 

TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for clarifying why the site says $20 per line. If I sign up for this, will the monthly charge go up later, or does it stay at $20/month?

According to the April 14 News Release, "Starting this Thursday, existing customers who are on month to month contracts can move to a MORE Everything plan to experience savings immediately. Customers who choose a data allowance of 8 GB or below can add a smartphone for $30..."

So is it possible to move from our current Nationwide Loyalty Share 550 plan to a MORE Everything plan at 30+20+20+20 then add 20 for data for $110 a month?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The  $30 for smartphones is now actually $25, but only if you are not in a contract for that phone.  Since you are upgrading that line, it will be in contract if you are getting the subsidized price and not eligible for lower cost.  It will be $40. Therefore, the answer to your question is no, but could be when your smartphones contract is done.  Of course the rules will likely be different in two years though. 

0 Likes
TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plan to buy the phone full price.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Then it will be $25 per month on the smartphone line -

Total 25 + 20+20+20 + 20 for data = $105/m

0 Likes
TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your input. Here's what happened when I went to the Verizon Store:

I decided to buy the iPhone 6 on contract after all. The extra $15/month for 24 months turns out to be less, with the subsidized phone, than buying it outright.

The Verizon guy told me it would be 40+20+20+20 plus the 500MB of data at $20, for a total of $120/month, just like you said.

But later, when I checked my account, it said $150. The three dumb phones were being charged at $30 each, not $20.

I also received an email, notifying me that there were new contracts. One was for the iPhone 6 sale, the second was for the iPhone $40/month, the third was for the three other lines, all at $40/month. I did not sign such a contract. Pulling it up, it is not signed. They put it through unsigned.

I phoned them, and talked with the guy. He assured me the total is $120, and I should wait an hour for the web site to "catch up."

Now it's the next day, and the site still says $150.

I plan to return to the store when it opens to see what they can do to change it to the promised $120.

If they will not, I will return the iPhone 6 and ask that everything be returned back to the way it was before.

I have now wasted a lot of time talking with them on the phone and driving. Plus I did not sleep well last night, because I'm upset that they put through a contract I was not shown, I did not sign, and did not agree to for the $30 for each of the other three lines.

0 Likes
TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I typoed. It should have said:

"... the third was for the other three lines, all at $30/month"

But I had been promised 40+20+20+20 plus 20 for data = 120.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Absolutely take it back within the 14 days. 

Truly, if you paid full price for the iPhone 6, which is $650, the monthly line charge is $25

$20 for each basic.  Don't accept anything more than $105/month!

if you paid less than $500 for the iPhone, that is not full price, is $40/month, and does get a contract. 

0 Likes
TerrellWS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got back from the Verizon Store. Here's the strange thing: When I look at my bill online, the total says $150/month. Each of the dumb phones is listed as $30/month. BUT, when I expand the "+Show All" under Additional Features and scroll down, there is a line which says, "MORE Everything Basic Phone Discount  $0.00"

If I click on that, it says,

MORE Everything Basic Phone Discount

Discounted pricing available for customers with basic phones. Save $10 per month off of your line access charge.

So the discount is somewhat hidden. When I asked why it says $0.00 on the line, they said "Because we don't show negative amounts there, but we show it when you open the popup box." And they said, "Once you receive your billing, it will show up as a discount."

I said I have a recommendation for Corporate: That they not make it so hidden! I also asked them how can I be assured that is what will really happen, and three agents said "because it will." I said, "You can tell me anything you like, but what you say won't hold up in court. Can you give me something written?" One agent said she could write it down for me. Then gave me a printout sheet with the special pricing.

So, I'm satisfied right now. (But if the billing comes and it's different, there might be fireworks!)

0 Likes