Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to pay-off cell phone quicker on the Verizon Edge Plan.
Yo-Yo

I am new to the Verizon edge plan.  If I want to pay more on my phone, to get it paid down, what is the best route to take?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to pay-off cell phone quicker on the Verizon Edge Plan.
Loquat

You can't.  The only option you have once you've engaged in EDGE is to pay a downpayment (reducing the balance) at time of purchase or to pay it off.  VZW doesn't allow for you to make additional payments to reduce the balance. 

ahosier

thats not what we were told by verizon when we bought it. I just never tried myself since i signed up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Can I pay more than my scheduled monthly Verizon Edge installment?

No, unless you are either seeking to Edge Up to a new device, which requires that at the time of the Edge Up transaction you pay at least 75% of the device (50% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered prior to 6/1/14, 60% for customers with an Edge Agreement entered between 6/1/14 and 10/15/14) following the initial 30 days of the Verizon Edge Agreement; or you are seeking to pay off 100% of your Verizon Edge Agreement, which you may do at any time.

Weth
Sr. Leader

Since it is a no interest loan, just pay yourself the extra and hide it in an account or safe place until you have enough to pay in full.