How to save videos on message+
DONEZE67

I received a video on message+. I need to save it to my gallery. I press the video and it does not give me the option to save it. Anyone know what to do?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to save videos on message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I always want to save precious memories, DONEZE67. Let's get you the help you need. If you press and hold that pressure for about 5 seconds. Do you see the option to save? Are you getting an error message

Here is another way:

You can save photos and videos from Message+ to your iPhone gallery. Here are the steps to take...

1) in Messages click the person's name that contains the media you want to save

2) click the 3 dots (...) in the top right corner

3) choose Media

4) click on a picture/image (not a video) even if you don't want to save that particular picture

5) now that you are seeing a single picture click on it once more and you will see a different icon appear in the top right of the screen which looks like a box with and arrow pointing to the right

6) now that you are in this area where you can see this icon at the top right of your screen...swipe the picture to the left or right until you come to the image OR video you are wanting to save

7) now click on that icon and options will appear on the screen that will allow you to Save to Camera Roll, Forward, email, or delete...viola choose the option you want to do

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What kind (model/software version) of phone do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
DONEZE67

I have the IPhone 6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I always want to save precious memories, DONEZE67. Let's get you the help you need. If you press and hold that pressure for about 5 seconds. Do you see the option to save? Are you getting an error message

Here is another way:

You can save photos and videos from Message+ to your iPhone gallery. Here are the steps to take...

1) in Messages click the person's name that contains the media you want to save

2) click the 3 dots (...) in the top right corner

3) choose Media

4) click on a picture/image (not a video) even if you don't want to save that particular picture

5) now that you are seeing a single picture click on it once more and you will see a different icon appear in the top right of the screen which looks like a box with and arrow pointing to the right

6) now that you are in this area where you can see this icon at the top right of your screen...swipe the picture to the left or right until you come to the image OR video you are wanting to save

7) now click on that icon and options will appear on the screen that will allow you to Save to Camera Roll, Forward, email, or delete...viola choose the option you want to do

JoeL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONEZE67

Ok it is not a picture- it is a video

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I believe the instructions were giving a method of getting to a scrolling view of pictures AND videos at which time you could select the one (video) to save.  I don't have an iPhone so I cannot verify.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONEZE67, we certainly want you to be able to save those important memories. This method would offer an option to save pictures or videos. What exactly happens when you long press the video? Was this a video that someone recorded on their phone and sent to you or possibly that they downloaded online?

LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
DIOSOMBRA
Enthusiast - Level 1

The latter method worked for me. It’s a bit of a pain but it got me there. Holding a video for a few seconds only gave me a few options (info and delete), and saving the video wasn’t one of them. But that was on an iPhone 6s, it may be different for others.

0 Likes