How to switch to my new iphone?
manybooks

When my iphone 6 arrives (hopefuly 9/19 as scheduled..) what will I need to do to activate it?

I currently have a 4s.  It is backed up on itunes and icloud.  Will there be instructions what to do to activate my new phone?  I've never done this before (and I'm kind of excited and also planning a vacation that same day - I'm hoping I can activate it lickity split before I leave town!!)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to switch to my new iphone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card in the iPhone 4S is designed only for overseas use. It isn't needed for the device to connect to the Verizon Wireless network. The iPhone 4S SIM card is also not the same size as the SIM card for the iPhone 6.

The new iPhone 6 will come with a new nano SIM card which the customer will need to activate on their line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

CSBUFFS
Enthusiast - Level 3

it depends on what you selected at preorder. Did you select to keep your current sim? If so you should be able to take your current sim Out of your 4s and put it into the new phone. Other wise you can log onto my verizon and under my device there is "activate a new device".  This should walk you through what you need to do if you are getting a new sim. I would probably avoid going to the apple store for the first couple days because their may be a lot of people.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card in the iPhone 4S is designed only for overseas use. It isn't needed for the device to connect to the Verizon Wireless network. The iPhone 4S SIM card is also not the same size as the SIM card for the iPhone 6.

The new iPhone 6 will come with a new nano SIM card which the customer will need to activate on their line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.