How to temporarily add extra data to a phone?
Nocreativescreennameh

I will be in India for 2 1/2 weeks and want to have more data available. Is there a way to add more data just for the duration of my trip without changing my entire plan or racking up huge overage fees?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How to temporarily add extra data to a phone?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The thing about traveling internationally is that you have to get an international plan which has much less data. I'd start here:

International Trip Planner

If you need a lot of data your best bet is to buy a SIM card when you get there.

0 Likes
Nocreativescreennameh

Yes, I've been to that site, but I couldn't see a way to add anything without changing my entire plan, and then having to change it again once I get back. I was under the impression that SIM cards couldn't be added to newer iPhones. How does one do this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nocreativescreennamehere How exciting that you’re traveling to India. We want you  to have a great trip. Here are 2 International plan options which you can choose from:

$40    100 min, 100 sent msg / unlimited incoming, Data: 100 MB
$85    250 min, 250 sent msg / unlimited incoming, Data: 250 MB
You would need to speak with customer service and make sure your account is set for International use.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not super familiar with iPhones, but assuming it has a SIM card tray, you'd get a pre-paid SIM card over seas, put it in your phone and use it. It's exactly what some folks do when they travel here from over seas.

0 Likes