I am using verizon back up plus for my contacts. i also signed up for the icloud back up. I have duplicates on all my 600 contacts. how do I remove these and correct this from happening again?
Danst

I am using verizon back up plus for my contacts. i also signed up for the icloud back up. I have duplicates on all my 600 contacts. how do I remove these and correct this from happening again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am using verizon back up plus for my contacts. i also signed up for the icloud back up. I have duplicates on all my 600 contacts. how do I remove these and correct this from happening again?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello there, Danst! I'm sorry to see you've got duplicate contacts. I do hope to help you resolve that concern. You've mentioned that you've set up backup service through both iCloud as well as Verizon Cloud. If that's the case, then both services are functioning as they should. You're seeing duplicates because they're both backing up your contacts. I recommend choosing one service to avoid duplicates.   This also means you may have to manually remove the duplicates in order to get an accurate backup of your contacts. If you tell me which one you plan to use, I can give you the steps to delete the duplicates.   DionM_VZW Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am using verizon back up plus for my contacts. i also signed up for the icloud back up. I have duplicates on all my 600 contacts. how do I remove these and correct this from happening again?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello there, Danst! I'm sorry to see you've got duplicate contacts. I do hope to help you resolve that concern. You've mentioned that you've set up backup service through both iCloud as well as Verizon Cloud. If that's the case, then both services are functioning as they should. You're seeing duplicates because they're both backing up your contacts. I recommend choosing one service to avoid duplicates.   This also means you may have to manually remove the duplicates in order to get an accurate backup of your contacts. If you tell me which one you plan to use, I can give you the steps to delete the duplicates.   DionM_VZW Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes