I can send text messages to other iPhone users, but attempts to send texts to non-iPhone users are unsuccessful. Any suggestions?
JeffHarrison1731
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can send text messages to other iPhone users, but attempts to send texts to non-iPhone users are unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can send text messages to other iPhone users, but attempts to send texts to non-iPhone users are unsuccessful. Any suggestions?
JeffHarrison1731
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured out what was wrong. I logged into my account at VerizonWireless.com. In my Verizon Wireless account. I searched on the word "block". I looked for a box with a link for "blocking services." The block for "Block all messages" was checked. To resolve the problem, I unchecked the block and hit Continue to save the change. It's now working great. I can now text to non-iPhone users.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can send text messages to other iPhone users, but attempts to send texts to non-iPhone users are unsuccessful. Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeffHarrison1731, this is concerning to hear! Let's see if we can get those messages to go through. When you go to Settings > Messages is "Send as SMS" turned on?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JeffHarrison1731
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under Messages in Settings, I have "iMessage" On, "Send Read Receipts" On, "Send as SMS" On, "MMS Messaging" On, and "Group Messaging" On. Other settings are Off and there are no numbers blocked.  Under Cellular in Settings, I have "Cellular Data" On and "Enable LTE" set to Data. Are any of these settings wrong? Appreciate any further suggestions. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send messages to all your contacts is important. Let's get you back communicating with everyone. When did the issue first start? Have you ever been able to send to non-iPhone users?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jamiebthordson

I am having the same issue.  Have also ensured 'send as SMS' is on.

0 Likes
jamiebthordson

Update -- I can send a text to a non iphone user --- but cannot send a group text (1phone & 1non) and can also not send a picture message to a non iphone user.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sending messages are vital. I use mine all the time. iMessages and regular messages. Are you able to get on the internet and make and receive calls? What happens when you attempt to send a picture message to a non iPhone user?

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JeffHarrison1731
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have only had my iPhone6 since the end of December 2015. This problem has existed ever since I received the phone.

0 Likes
JeffHarrison1731
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried sending a picture message to a non-iPhone user as suggested. That message also failed to be delivered. I tried twice. Once with my iphone connected to wi-fi, and once with my iPhone connected to LTE. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JeffHarrison1731,

I want you to be able to use picture messaging whenever you want. Just to make sure, do you have MMS enabled on your device? Do you have the most recent software update on your device?

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes