I did the most recent upgrade now when I try to type text, any time the phone trys to auto correct, it shuts down the text and I have to start over
kbz2

When I completed the most recent upgrade, my phone is completely unstable while texting.  Any time I am texting by hand, and the phone tries to auto correct on a message, the texting application shuts down, and I am forced to start over again.  Voice text however works fine.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I did the most recent upgrade now when I try to type text, any time the phone trys to auto correct, it shuts down the text and I have to start over
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely understand how important reliable texting is to you . I probably text more on my phone than just about any other function. Lets take a look into this to get your messages working properly. Are you using the default keyboard that came with the phone? Or one from another source? Does performance differ between typing letters compared to numbers or symbols?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I did the most recent upgrade now when I try to type text, any time the phone trys to auto correct, it shuts down the text and I have to start over
kbz2

Thank you Bryan for your response.  I apologize for not getting back sooner.  To answer your questions, yes I am using the default keyboard.  I was unaware you could even get a non default keyboard.  And when it comes to typing on it, it malfunctions only when you type text letters in, and the sphone tries to auto create or auto correct a word in a sentence.  At that point the screen sort of flashes  and it goes back to the homepage. 

The only way to prevent this error is to log back into the messenger application, and use talk to text, which also seems to be compromised somewhat since the upgrade as well.  Often I have to restart talk to text 2 or more times to get the phone to recognize what I have said.  It often thinks about what I said, or tries to process the information, and then finally finishes with no results created. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to be concerned over a delay in replies. We are always here to help. ave you tried to disable the autocorrect function on your phone? You can do this through Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto-correction Toggle switch to Off. Lets give this a try for a while and see if it prevents the text app from crashing.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes