I have an iPhone 6 Plus that I dropped in water. What can I do with it?
CPK10

How can I get rid of a drowned iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an iPhone 6 Plus that drowned. What can I do with it?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you don't have insurance that covers damage (I assume you are wanting to get a replacement phone) you will either have to pay full retail to get a new phone (or if eligible for device payment plan you could go that route) if you're not eligible for an upgrade due to the damaged phone being on contract or you can buy a phone used to hold you over.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Terribly sorry to hear about your device! We do have a recycle program or you may donate to Hopeline program. http://bit.ly/GGnDDC
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you don't have insurance that covers damage (I assume you are wanting to get a replacement phone) you will either have to pay full retail to get a new phone (or if eligible for device payment plan you could go that route) if you're not eligible for an upgrade due to the damaged phone being on contract or you can buy a phone used to hold you over.

0 Likes
bobseptic

I have an IPhone6 that was in a Life Proof case that was tossed in a 3ft pool by my daughter and the case leaked. My phone drowned, doesn't work at all. I have the Asurion plan. I started the claim process and one of the questions it asks is what happened. I told them in drowned in a 3ft pool with a Life Proof case on it. They told me for $199 they will send me a new SIM card. I don't understand how a new SIM card is going to make my not working phone work, why they are charging me $199 for the new SIM card, and why they won't replace it with a new used Iphone6. I don't know what to do to get a working phone for less than retail price when I have the insurance that claims to cover loss, theft, and damage? Any suggestions are welcome!!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't think they are sending you a SIM card for $199. You may need to contact them to clarify because that doesn't sound right

0 Likes