I have had my iphone6 less than a month. While holding my phone in my hand I got stung by a bee and dropped my phone. The screen shattered. Am I just screwed? BTW I have dropped my other iphones before and they always were fine.. what is the deal?
HaleiwaGirl

While holding my phone in my hand I got stung by a bee and dropped my phone. The screen shattered. Am I just screwed? BTW I have dropped my other iphones before and  they always were fine.. what is the deal? Yep, I am MORE than upset.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have had my iphone6 less than a month. While holding my phone in my hand I got stung by a bee and dropped my phone. The screen shattered. Am I just screwed? BTW I have dropped my other iphones before and they always were fine.. what is the deal?
mama23dogs
Legend

IF it's just a broken screen, take it to apple and pay to have it replaced.  If the drop caused more damage and you took the insurance, file a claim and pay the deductible.

Otherwise, yes, you will have to replace the phone at full cost on your own.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have had my iphone6 less than a month. While holding my phone in my hand I got stung by a bee and dropped my phone. The screen shattered. Am I just screwed? BTW I have dropped my other iphones before and they always were fine.. what is the deal?
mama23dogs
Legend

IF it's just a broken screen, take it to apple and pay to have it replaced.  If the drop caused more damage and you took the insurance, file a claim and pay the deductible.

Otherwise, yes, you will have to replace the phone at full cost on your own.

0 Likes
HaleiwaGirl

Thanks so much.....never had this problem when dropping by accident, screen is obviously a different material. Any idea if they have to keep the phone and the charge from Apple?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Every phone's screen will break.  They are glass.  It really depends on how the phone falls, what part of the phone it lands on, how far off the ground, and what it falls onto.  It is not obviously different material, just bad luck on exactly how it fell. 

Screen replacement at Apple is $109.  You can get a bit cheaper at a private place.   At Apple Store they will repair it there while you shop, make an appointment first. 

iPhone Screen Damage Repair - Apple Support