I live near Gold Beach, Oregon and have only limited (one bar/circle) calling ability in my home. I cannot regularly receive calls. Can someone help me?
CatLady51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just moved to a house near Gold Beach, Oregon.  The zip is 97444.  Trouble is that I only have 1 bar/circle of telephone reception and can only make calls in 2 rooms of my house.  If I move the phone out of these rooms, I can't receive or make calls.  Is there anything that I can do to improve my signal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I live near Gold Beach, Oregon and have only limited (one bar/circle) calling ability in my home. I cannot regularly receive calls. Can someone help me?
rcschnoor
Legend

You can purchase a network extender to be used in conjunction with your broadband ISP.

Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01)- Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: I live near Gold Beach, Oregon and have only limited (one bar/circle) calling ability in my home. I cannot regularly receive calls. Can someone help me?
CatLady51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will that increase my phone signal?  My wifi signal is fine.  Thanks for your answer!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It will, an extender gets hooked up to your Wi-Fi, so that fact that you have a good Wi-Fi signal will be even better for the Extender.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It looks like you live on the outskirts of Gold Beach, which could be why you're experiencing the trouble. I'm familiar with the area and it's a bit of a smaller town to start with so there may not be a plethora of cellular towers nearby. The map does show you should be getting 4G, but that's only outdoors. Is your service better outside the home? Is the house brick? Lots of things play a part in indoor service; shutters on the window (closed) for those rainy stormy days etc.

If you sweet talk the Verizon folks they may sell you the network extender for $175 vs. the $250 it usually is. Plead your case.

CatLady51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for your help!  I'll let you know how it goes!

0 Likes