I pre order Iphone 6 this morning. Why was I charged a $30 upgrade fee when I havent been in a contract for almost 2 years? Also will they divide the price of the device over several bills like they have for me in the past?
nursegrl02

I pre order Iphone 6 this morning. Why was I charged a $30 upgrade fee when I havent been in a contract for almost 2 years? Also will they divide the price of the device over several bills like they have for me in the past?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I pre order Iphone 6 this morning. Why was I charged a $30 upgrade fee when I havent been in a contract for almost 2 years? Also will they divide the price of the device over several bills like they have for me in the past?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there nursegrl02! We can help here with your questions regarding the upgrade fee and device charge. The upgrade fee is a one time fee that is applied when upgrading with a 2-year contract. If you pre-order with a two-year contract, you would need to add a credit card to your order as you will be charged for the device once it ships out. If you happen to purchase the iPhone with Verizon Edge, there is no upgrade fee. You will also be billed for the device in installments. You may have to pay a down payment with Edge.  Go to vzw.com/edge for more information.

Did you upgrade with Verizon Edge or our Device payment plan in the past? If so, that is most likely why you were not charged an upgrade fee.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I pre order Iphone 6 this morning. Why was I charged a $30 upgrade fee when I havent been in a contract for almost 2 years? Also will they divide the price of the device over several bills like they have for me in the past?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will need to call CS to get some clarification on this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there nursegrl02! We can help here with your questions regarding the upgrade fee and device charge. The upgrade fee is a one time fee that is applied when upgrading with a 2-year contract. If you pre-order with a two-year contract, you would need to add a credit card to your order as you will be charged for the device once it ships out. If you happen to purchase the iPhone with Verizon Edge, there is no upgrade fee. You will also be billed for the device in installments. You may have to pay a down payment with Edge.  Go to vzw.com/edge for more information.

Did you upgrade with Verizon Edge or our Device payment plan in the past? If so, that is most likely why you were not charged an upgrade fee.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes