Re: I think it would be helpful to have a Thread where everyone can report which 6 they ordered and what date they received to help others that are waiting
MissAndiBean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone does have to sign for it. You could leave a note on your door with your tracking number on it stating its ok to leave it, make sure you sign that note. Otherwise the driver leaves a door tag and you can sign that to leave it for the next day.

0 Likes
Re: I think it would be helpful to have a Thread where everyone can report which 6 they ordered and what date they received to help others that are waiting
Bruce_MF_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had finally received my phone (64 gb gold plus ordered 9/26 with promised date of 10/31) this Monday (11/03) after waiting over a month. My CC was charged Monday of last week, shows shipped Tuesday, and was not provided with a tracking number till Thursday night and it was sitting at my local FedEx on Saturday. They would not allow me to pick it up because "it has to go through first shipping attempt." I finally received my phone this Monday (11/03). The phone is great and I am enjoying every bit of it so far, but I can not say that it's worth the wait because it's been over a month. I hope you all receive your phone soon. My friend ordered a verizon space grey 6 plus 128 gb on 10/20 and he already has a tracking number to be here tomorrow. His wait is only 3 weeks total. I hope you all receive your phone soon, good luck everyone

0 Likes
Bruce_MF_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 3

it means anyone at the address can sign for it

0 Likes
tdi-josh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok new update, this is for the silver 128gb 6+

10-24-2014 - pre-ordred - estimated ship 11/07/2014

11-04-2014 - paid my account up (not sure if this had any effect, but soon after the following happened)

11-04-2014 - order shows up as ordered 11/04/2014 (wasn't showing up before in my account but only had e-mail)

11-05-2014 - checked online and it now shows a fedex tracking number ( 4:23 am shipment information set to fedex, 9:56 am picked up, location Memphis, TN going to CA, estimated delivery Fri 11/07/2014 by 4:30 pm)

Notes:

Never called the CSR, never received any update e-mails to any order status changes.

Hope this helps

jclgodale3

VanetrisC...The fact that, the few times anyone from Verizon, reply's on this thread with the same exact generic response shows me their lack of customer service and concern for the poor follow through. No one, NO ONE, should have to wait 2 months for a replacement phone that has been a customer of yours for YEARS. Even new customers shouldn't be kept in the pitch black dark about a phone they ordered back in September or October. And the fact that you supposedly do finally ship a customers phone and it is mailed to the wrong address just magnifies the lack of control by Verizon to handle their business...

0 Likes
Lomalazuri
Enthusiast - Level 3

Off topic here, but does anyone know when I set up the phone for someone using my Apple ID but her own iCloud ID what to choose at start up.  I want her to be able to import her own contacts from iCloud that are stored on her Ipad to keep in sync but keep my Apple ID on the device as this way she gets all of the Apps that I have paid for. I thought about the new Family Share, but this is for a parent not a child.

0 Likes
jclgodale3

Well...my tracking number now shows MY phone was attempted to be delivered to an address is Dana Point Califorinia. About 1200 miles away from me in Alabama where it should have been delivered. Curious what Verizons excuse will be for this....

0 Likes
tdi-josh
Enthusiast - Level 2

The right way is for them to use their icloud/apple id. Then use family sharing for them to be able to use your apps. This is a new function with iOS 8.1. Then go into her phone and use the parental controls/restriction function. Right on Apples website it explains it is for children.

Set limits and still look like the good guy.

Parents get more control, while kids feel like they have more freedom. It’s not a parenting miracle, it’s Family Sharing. Enjoy the convenience of paying for family purchases with a single credit card. Enable “Ask to Buy” to require children to get permission before making iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases. You can even create Apple IDs for children under 13 years old so they can participate, too.

0 Likes
kkcreech
Contributor - Level 2

My expected ship date is also 11/14. A lady I spoke to said the expected ship date Is usually the expected delivery date. What do you mean by "early tier"? Does that mean the phones can ship on any of those days as well?

0 Likes
CGraves3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sweet. Ordered mine on 10/02, same phone but 64 gig. Still waiting.

0 Likes