I've had an iPhone 6 for a few months. Paid a $30 upgrade fee. Yesterday I bought my husband one and we are sharing our data plan. However, I was charged another $40 to upgrade. How much does it cost in time or tech to justify such a fee? It's done i
BessieLil

I've had an iPhone 6 for a few months.  Paid a $30 upgrade fee.  Yesterday I bought my husband one and we are sharing our data plan.  However, I was charged another $40 to upgrade.  How much does it cost in time or tech to justify such a fee?  It's done in an instant and seems like an arbitrary add on.  Also why no senior discounts?  Just trying to save a little money here.,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I've had an iPhone 6 for a few months. Paid a $30 upgrade fee. Yesterday I bought my husband one and we are sharing our data plan. However, I was charged another $40 to upgrade. How much does it cost in time or tech to justify such a fee? It's do
Weth
Legend

it is Verizon's way of getting a contract phone for $199 in your mind, but it really costs $250. 

IF you pay full price for phone and no contract, or use the device payment plan, the fee is not charged.  Both options are usually cheaper over 24 months anyway and mout should just avoid the old style contract. 

0 Likes