IPhone 6 Ear Piece Volume
FANCEENANC

I have an IPhone 6 and the ear piece volume is very low.  It sounds like the person at the other end is very far away.  Is there something that I can do to increase the volume.  I have tried turning it up when on a call and that doesn't help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 6 Ear Piece Volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FANCEENANC,

Being able to hear the full conversation is what we want for you as well. Many headsets have a separate volume control, separate from the phone itself, either located on the cord or the earpiece (for most bluetooth). Does this low volume happen when not using an earpiece as well? And is it on all calls or just certain ones?

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FANCEENANC

Thank you for getting back to me. It happens when I am only using the phone.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FANCEENANC,

You are welcome. Thank you for the clarification. I wouldn't know how to act if I had issues hearing conversations. I am confident that we can get this resolved. When did this start? Does putting it on speaker phone make a difference?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FANCEENANC

I don't know exactly when it happened but it has been several months. I can hear better in speaker but it still isn't very loud.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like it may either have an obstruction (have you checked to make sure no debri or wax buildup is on the earpiece area) or possibly some liquid damage you may not have been aware of. If you're positive it's neither of these things then it may be a hardwear failure. Are you still under warranty? 1 year manufacturers or 2 years if you have AppleCare Plus. If so you can take it to Apple if you have a store in your area to have them look at it. You can go to them even if you're out of warranty but if they need to replace it you will have to pay the out of warranty fee...I think it may be $329. If you're out of warranty do you have insurance through Verizon? That way you can file a claim if doing the usual doesn't help (resetting and/or restoring your device for example).

0 Likes