IPhone 6 eating data
Pookiekelly

Thursday I had 8 GB of data.  I changed my plan to the 65 plus and took the 10GB plan just to be safe.  Today, 4 days later I have less than 1 GB left of data with 18 days left on billing.  I was having issues connecting locally to the roaming network and couldn't even get my maps to work because of poor connection.  All weekend I had issues.  The tech person that my 6 (which has had all the updates) was old and worn out.  It's only 2 years old as it had been replaced about 2 years ago.  I told her and she said that it was refurbished so "electronics wear out".   Then later my voice mail wasn'lt looking the same and a message Visual Voicemail was available.  I called my voicemail and it said I had over 200 messages.  Tech Coah said that it was a known flaw with the IPhone and I had to delete each message individually by using the keypad.   Has anyone had strange experiences with their phone as this?  I really don't want to buy a new phone but I'm really frustrated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 6 eating data
mama23dogs
Legend

Are you on postpaid?  Because prepaid doesn’t have a 10 gig plan now.  

Have you used up your 8 gig plan?  

0 Likes
Delta14

I have been having the same problems with data usage one day it’s at 50% the next it’s at 10% with 15 days to go

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that having a working device is a must, especially nowadays. It is alarming to see that you are having trouble with your services and your voicemail. Rest assured we want to help and get to the bottom of this. How are you using your data? Are you using it in the same area or a new area? Were you able to delete your voicemails?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
KCarla

I am also having this problem (out of the blue). Voicemails were suddently not prompted when someone called and I would have to dial 1 for the updates as to whether or not I had voicemails.

As of this week, my phone is demanding 88% of the data and I am connected to Wifi ALL DAY. I am looking through my settings and have called customer service to see what changed. Customer service explained that my wifi is bad- which is not the case.

Is this an Apple problem or a Verizon problem? I have 19 days left on my plan and keep getting upsold to more data- but I have never needed additional data until the past couple of months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always here and willing to assist you with your Voicemail. Let's dig a little deeper to help find the proper solution. Tell me more about what happens when someone leaves you a voicemail. There is a feature in the phone's settings. It'll allow you to track the data usage going forward. http://spr.ly/6601EebPx Please confirm a setting for us. Is your Wi-Fi assist feature on? http://spr.ly/6602EebPI If so, please turn it off.

VanetrisC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@KCarla wrote:

I am also having this problem (out of the blue). Voicemails were suddently not prompted when someone called and I would have to dial 1 for the updates as to whether or not I had voicemails.

As of this week, my phone is demanding 88% of the data and I am connected to Wifi ALL DAY. I am looking through my settings and have called customer service to see what changed. Customer service explained that my wifi is bad- which is not the case.

Is this an Apple problem or a Verizon problem? I have 19 days left on my plan and keep getting upsold to more data- but I have never needed additional data until the past couple of months.

First you have to accept it NOT your carrier that’s causing higher data use.  No carrier controls your phone or it’s data usage.   It may be an app, your phone or home WiFi.  Track your usage for a bill cycle and see what is going on in settings.  Which apps are using the most data.  

Personally I’ve had enough defective iPhones that don’t connect to WiFi, that we no longer use them.  

0 Likes