IPhone 6
Ksmith77

I have the iPhone 6. Got it Father's Day weekend. Siri hasn't been working, I can't Skype or use Facebook video call because they can't hear me. When try to record a video it sounds like static. Anyone have this issue? Is there a way to fix it or would I have to take it in to pay to have it repaired?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you can utilize your device properly. Is your device updated to the most recent OS version?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ksmith77

Yes. It is up to date, I always make sure I update so it does not have any issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for verifying this, Ksmith77. How long has it been this way? When this started, were there any changes to your device, such as new apps, updates, etc. Does the device have any physical or liquid damage?

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ksmith77

There is no damage to the phone at all. It's always in a case, still has the original plastic cover on the back of the phone and I always have a screen cover on it also. I don't recall any new changes when it started. When I first noticed it was when I tried to Skype my family off my phone like I had always done and they couldn't hear me. Than tried Facebook messenger and the same thing happened. I went to try Siri and it wouldn't work either.

0 Likes
Ksmith77

It started a few months ago. I thought it would be something with an update on the phone but when I just updated a few days ago nothing changed

0 Likes
Ksmith77

I also just noticed if I turn Siri off, the voice control works and reads my voice but when I turn Siri back on it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ksmith77, you have been very careful with your phone and we want to ensure that it is working properly for you. What happens when you hold down the Home Key to activate Siri?
•Does Siri ever say, "I am not sure what you said"?
•do you ever receive an error message?
•What happens if you toggle Siri off and on? Settings > General > Siri?

LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Ksmith77. We’ll get this.

I’d like to do a basic little reset to your device. No content will be lost using the steps I provide. Then please test your device out. What happens? Here are the steps: http://spr.ly/6581BqyWd

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Ksmith77

I have done the reset all settings and it still hasn't worked. When I hold down the button to activate Siri, it says go ahead I'm listening in text. I speak and nothing registers. Than in text it says here are some things you can ask me: with a list. I have also turned Siri off than back on again. If Siri is off the voice control works just fine.

0 Likes