If I pre-ordred...
jre72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I try to buy one in store tomorrow (if they are in stock) and cancel the pre-order? How far in advance does the pre-order need to be canceled for this? My ship date is October and my card has not been charged.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I pre-ordred...
mallen7321
Enthusiast - Level 3

So long as you have another line to upgrade. Cancelling now will result in a 48 hold before it is effectively canceled. Trust me I just called and asked my local store earlier, though luckily for me I have another line I can upgrade, then will cancel my order online and move the phone to the right number.

0 Likes
TheGlamazon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for this info, I guess I won't make the trip after all.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure why your local store told you that but it's not true. I know from personal experience with iPhone pre-order being canceled over the phone while in the store and having them verify the cancelation so they can complete the in store sale. They may be trying to discourage people from doing it but the wait is NOT 48 hours. We have done it this way on previous pre-orders and walked out of the store with a device. As long as the order hasn't been completed (labeled and waiting to ship) then there should be no issue and no hold. Just don't cancel before going in the store.

jre72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not even technically a VZW customer yet, I am switching from AT&T so maybe that's a loophole assuming the 48hr rule is in effect.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

In your case that might be the issue. Not sure how it works with someone that isn't a customer yet.

0 Likes
mallen7321
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe it changed? Maybe that's still true. Guess I need to wait till tomorrow to know for sure, but when I called he plugged my number into the system and he said he couldn't do anything because there was a hold and a 48 hour wait time. Does seem like he could have been trying to discourage me from cancelling my online order so I simply replied with the answer of upgrading a different line and waiting the 48 hours.

0 Likes
jre72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Understandably, Verizon reps are reluctant to confirm.

0 Likes