In-store availability
scubaphish
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI

I've pre-oreders and wait patiently for my new iPhone 6.  That said, is there any way to know if a phone is available in store for purchase?  Apple provides an on-line availability for it's stores, but as I understand it I cannot get the trade in offer without purchasing from VZW.  That said, anyway to know if a VZW store would have a model in stock?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: In-store availability
cole_k

I called and talked with verizon just a few minutes ago. They said they were calling three stores - they were back on the line within 3 minutes. It is probably possible they could make 3 calls in 3 minutes, but it is highly unlikely they actually did. They said none of the stores had them in stock. Others on this forum are saying the only true way is to go to a store, stand in line, and eventually be told they are sold out. Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scuba phish,

We understand the excitement around the phone. We are just as excited. Unfortunately, because the inventory moves so quickly we are unable to give an accurate account for the what the store has in stock. We do apologize.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scubaphish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fair enough, and I thought as much. Certainly not ranting to you here (please assume a calm voice), just seeing how the iPhone 6 is available for pick up in just about every NYC apple store according to their site, (at least in config I'm looking for) but not available for shipment from VZW until 10/10.

Thanks for replying

0 Likes
newuser14

Apple Store are doing the trade in offer as well. From my experience, you would be better off just buying from apple.

0 Likes
scubaphish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed, but VZW is giving $200 for an iPhone 4, which I don't think apple store is doing.  Thanks for the heads up though.

0 Likes
SasquatchVT

drive there and see

0 Likes
newuser14

My 4s was in pretty rough shape after 2 years and I still got $115 for it. I'd imagine the $200 isn't guarunteed at Verizon and it's based in condition on the phone there as well.

0 Likes