Iphone 6 plus pre order shortage?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I know it's still early in the pre order but in my honest opinion it looks like there will be a 6 plus shortage for pre orders and possibly launch day kind of like the elusive gold 5S on its launch day.. While doing some research it seems the whole world went crazy over the plus model and it seems to be the unit most ordered, and my guess is Apple figured the opposite and made more 6 models vs the 6 plus or possibly the process is more difficult on a larger unit.

I really hope Verizon customers will get the plus models on launch day if that's the model you ordered. If you have heard any info from a Verizon rep or any other legitimate source please fill us in here.

On the Phone with a Verizon rep know and will ask about shortage on plus units.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6 plus pre order shortage?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon rep told me everything looks good on my 6 plus pre order and to keep checking to order status she also noted there is no shortage as she knows of and there is no bulletins about 6 plus's taking longer to ship than the iphone 6.

So keep us updated if you get shipping info or your status changes on your 6 plus pre orders.

0 Likes
lilacinto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spoke to CS and they said NO 6 plus were shipping until October. I ordered 6 minutes after they started taking pre-orders my confirmation says ship by 9/19, but was told NO 6 plus are shipping before October now.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I have come to this conclusion myself also we have all been bamboozled on the 6 plus. What angers me is why even pre order that unit if you don't have in stock.

I hate when companies sell stuff they clearly don't have.

0 Likes
Shane3118
Contributor - Level 3

What I have heard is NO carriers including Apple will be delivering any iPhone 6+'s for the next 2-3 weeks due to a screen issue.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but it came from a very good source.

0 Likes
hello232132

if you go to the apple store page and do store and try to preorder an iPhone at the bottom there is a link that says store pick up. Any combo of the 6 was  "in stock on 9/19" even tho if you were order online it says shipping in 7-10 days. however any combo of the 6 plus were unavailable. so i agree i don't think anyone who pre ordered a 6 plus will get hem till october

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Last time I checked Apple you can still pre order the 6 plus for in store pick up on the 19th so to me it looks like Apple is not shipping carriers or anybody any 6+ models and possibly keeping them for themselves for launch day!

0 Likes