Iphone 6+ preordered on 9/12, expected ship date of 10/24
john_caire

I preordered my 128GB Space Gray Iphone6+ on 9/12/2014 (orders must go by eastern time as it is listed as ordered on 9/13/2014 under the order status)

At that time I was given a tentative shipping date of 10/24 and it has not moved at all.  I keep seeing posts by people who order later than I did and have already received their phone.  How can someone who supposedly ordered a week or more later than me received their product already?  I am very disappointed as I ordered teh 6+ asap to have it available for my honeymoon.  I wanted the upgraded camera for our pics.   Since we leave on the 20th, I have no faith that I will receive it in time so I purchased a S5 in the mean time so we will have a better camera while on holiday. 

Of all the times I have preordered an iphone, this has been the only disappointment.  I always fo for the model with the most memory for future resale potential and it has never resulted in a delay of over a month.  Barring any circumstances that may make me do a preorder,  I believe this is the last time I will bother.  Don't see much of a point in preordering if I still have to wait over a month for my device.  Pathetitic job on both apple and the vedors this time around.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6+ preordered on 9/12, expected ship date of 10/24
DJones183
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the same device on the same day. I'm also showing 10/24. It is what it is. Apple can only produce so many and have hundreds of retailers to stock including their own.

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then they should shut orders down until the first orders are filled so they won't have this issue. It is about the money, and when they have it the customer just has to sit and wait until one becomes available.

0 Likes
john_caire

I understand that there are a finite amount of these available amongst all retailers.  What I don't understand is how people can place an order for the same device days after you and I place ours and they are getting fulfilled while you and I apparently sit in limbo.  IMO, orders should be filled in the sequence they were received, not willy-nilly as is currently going on with verizon if some of the posters here and on other forums are to be believed regarding order date and the date they received their device. 

My problem is I am date constrained on when this can be delivered, so if it does ship on the 24th I will not be able to receive it as I will be on my honeymoon.  Honeymoon is the main reason I ordered this device, as I wanted the upgraded camera of the 6+ and figured I would be fine with 5 weeks lead time between placing my order and receiving the device in time to use for our vacation. 

I realize that this is not verizon's problem, but it makes the frustration associated with this preorder all the more annoying as I wasted quite a bit of time placing the order due to congestion on verizon's website at the time I placed my order.  It will all be for naught since I will not be home to receive the device, Fedex will make their three delivery attempts and probably return the device to verizon as undeliverable.  Time, wasted, no device for the event I originally ordered it for and no device when I return.  Up until this point I have had few complaints about my time with verizon but unfortunately this has been a lose-lose proposition for me so far and as far as I can see, will continue to be.  I expect there will be some billing annoyances to deal with when I return that will be associated with my inablility to receive the device.  If those end up being difficult for me to make disappear, that may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me regarding this ordeal and my desire to give verizon more of my money. 

0 Likes
DJones183
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't take your money until the phone ships. Keeping pre orders open guarantees your place in line. The people getting their phones first are getting different colors or memory sizes. They ship as they become available.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disagree D. While they may not take your money on the Edge program, they do in stores and know of several that have already been billed on their credit cards. While most Verizon Retail stores may not do this there are several authorized agent stores that do.

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I hope that you receive yours in time! You are welcome to mine, but don't expect mine anytime soon. Congrats on the marriage though!!

0 Likes
MartinHines785
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would only be concerned if you have seen others who ordered after you receive their phone before you ASSUMING they ordered the exact same model, memory and color combination.

As an example, when I ordered my iphone 6, there were different estimated availability dates for phones that only differed in color.

I am not sure what Apple could do in terms of fulfillment of an extremely popular product.  Given Apple sold something like 3 million phones in the first weekend I don't know if it would be really possible to have more initial inventory available.

0 Likes
DJones183
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to let you know that I ordered mine on 9/12/14 at approximately 4PM Eastern and it shows it is shipping today. (iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray)  You may see yours soon too.

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to clarify there were over 4 million pre-orders and 10 million sold in the three day launch weekend. I'm pretty sure Apple and the carriers of their product have been through this before. When you are going to launch a new product it would be best to have enough available and if for some reason they top that then they should STOP the ability to be able to order the product until they have caught up to the demand. I know things happen, but they need to be more aware of what can happen and be able to adjust to it.

0 Likes