Iphone 6 trade-up NOT as promised!
StephanieS

I've seen other threads so I know I am not alone.  I put a perfectly functional iPhone4 appraised at $200 into the flimsy, required envelope provided me and said a little prayer.  Fast forward to today when I get the "great news" that my $36 is available to me.  Say what??  Verizon Customer Service is unable to help, and the phone number they transfer you to is "experiencing high volume" and hangs up on you!!!!  I've been a Verizon customer since before they were Verizon, and have never experienced anything like this - it seems like blatant dishonesty!  I'm assuming they will say - assuming I can EVER actually reach someone - that my phone was cracked.  Shocker.  Did anyone test those ridiculous envelopes??  I feel utterly deceived and sick to my stomach, not to mention $164 dollars poorer.  I expected more.  And the worst part is there is apparently no way to speak to someone who can actually help me get what I was promised, or make this right somehow.  Seriously considering defecting to Sprint.  Never, ever thought I'd say that.  Has anyone had any luck getting to a person with the ability to help? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 6 trade-up NOT as promised!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to see you considering a switch because of your trade in, StephanieS. I have seen many customers post about the success of the trade in program along with a few about the value change. The Device Recycling Center is the only team that has access to see why the value of your device was different and determine what the next best step may be. If you're having trouble getting through to 877-247-3846 because of the higher than normal call volume, you can also send them an email at support@online.trade-in.vzw.com as an alternative. You may need to give a few days for them to respond though due to the overwhelming response to the iPhone trade in offer.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StephanieS

Curious.  Has anyone had a positive experience with the trade-in program?  Like, actually gotten their $200? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to see you considering a switch because of your trade in, StephanieS. I have seen many customers post about the success of the trade in program along with a few about the value change. The Device Recycling Center is the only team that has access to see why the value of your device was different and determine what the next best step may be. If you're having trouble getting through to 877-247-3846 because of the higher than normal call volume, you can also send them an email at support@online.trade-in.vzw.com as an alternative. You may need to give a few days for them to respond though due to the overwhelming response to the iPhone trade in offer.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
curiousnancy

Okay, JenniferH_VZW.....I can relate to the frustration experienced by StephanieS.  When Verizon was running their promotion for "getting up to $299 rebate back on your old iPhone, when you order a new iPhone 6 or 6+", the system you had in place to easily direct customers on how to actually fulfill this promotion weren't terribly clear. I went online to

Verizon's website, read about the promotion, and then completed the submission form to see what I would most likely receive for my old iPhone 4. It is in good condition, so the website confirmed that I would receive $199 (which is the most that they would give me for an iPhone 4 16 gb), depending of course on what the actual phone looked like when they received it.  I completed this form online, and tried to print out the final page, but unfortunately, it didn't print. It was a little glitchy as I was trying to complete the form, as well, as I would completely fill in all the information, and then it would just sit and think, and never go any further.  When I finally got it to go though, I guess I assumed that Verizon would have a record of this when it came time to return my old phone.  No such luck.  I received an email from Verizon  confirming the order of my new iPhone, which I actually ordered by phone from Verizon, because I wanted to confirm with a living person that I was expecting to participate in the rebate program where I would receive credit for my old phone. The representatives all acted like it would be fine, and that I would be receiving packing materials to return my old phone in, once I had received my new phone, which was on backorder and wouldn't ship until 10/24/14. Original order date was 9/26/14.  I got an confirmation email for my phone order, but no mention of a submission ID #,

except a blurb reminding me to fill out the online submission form in order to receive the promotional credit. I had already done this, so it didn't occur to me to do it again. Got my new IPhone 6+, as promised, just a few days after the

10/24/14 ship date, but there were no materials included to return the old phone for the promotional rebate. I remembered someone saying that I would be receiving some return packaging in the mail, but haven't received that yet either. So I started calling Verizon, and have now talked to 3 or 4 different reps, only one of whom seemed to really understand how to help me out.  Verizon has done a terrible job of training their reps on how to help people in this situation. One rep sent me to the "Returns" department, where I was greeted and then transferred and then disconnected, one rep seemed completely befuddled by the whole situation, and kept waiting for a supervisor to get to his station so she could talk to me. In a desperate attempt to help me, he at one point had me putting my old iPhone 4 in the HopeLine plastic recycle bag that came with my new phone, while printing out some return label from somewhere else to put over the printed return address on the bag.....I told him that there was copy on the bag telling me not to use the bag for mail-in rebates.....I called 611 again to see if I could get a different rep who would know more. I finally was directed to go to trade-in.vzw.com, where I found a number to call and talk to them directly. The first person I spoke with gave me the number for Verizon customer service....Lordy!  I called the trade-in number again, and got someone to send me some packaging to return my phone in, and she said that someone fromVerizon would be calling or emailing me...we'll see. This has taken WAY too much of my time. Extremely inefficent for myself and for all the poor Verizon reps who haven't been educated on how to advise people like me, in this situation.

0 Likes
nahameanson
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have to go a Verizon store and do the trade in otherwise you're essentially asking them to rip you off. I ordered a new iPhone 6 before the 10/15 deadline at a store (waiting for it to ship still) and received the packaging material to send my iPhone 4s in for trade in already. But there's not a chance im gonna send it that way! I called a Verizon store near me and the rep said don't worry just bring your phone in and they'll take care of the trade in there.

0 Likes
gevalt

jenniferh_vzw... bumping this from another thread i just posted it to...

I wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of people complaining about VZW's trade in program. i received the exact same excuse (deactivation lock) for denying the full value of my perfectly good and DEACTIVATED iphone 4s.

i DID manage to get through to the trade in team, and after explaining the situation, i was told that my problem could be escalated the the tech team. the anonymous trade-in woman transfers me to the normal VZW cust support line... huh?

i wait again and finally get through. unlike the trade-in woman, the cust support rep immediately identifies himself. willie was as helpful as he was allowed to be, but sadly, that wasn't very much. the trade in people and VZW hold all of the cards.

THEY say that the de-activation lock wasn't turned off, i say it was.

there is no way to prove either assertion.

there is no appeal.

they just deny, deny, deny, as evidenced by all of the other complaints posted here and elsewhere.

willie WAS able however, to get me an additional credit for my 'inconvenience'.

not the full amount, but at least it was something.

while i genuinely appreciate his effort on my behalf, it doesn't absolve the company from the way they handle the trade-in program, whether it's farmed out to a 3rd party or not.

i will be filing complaints with the PSC, BBB, and NYS Att'y General.

0 Likes
Parker12

This program is bull! My phone was working perfect not even a scratch! After almost 2 months I finally receive an e-mail with my gift card saying it is only worth $36 when it was supposed to be $200! They said my screen was cracked and something else didnt work on it.

Maybe someone can give me a number that they maybe called that helped even a little? Had I known they'd totally rip every one off I would've just kept my phone.

0 Likes
Keira25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received the full amount for 3 phones we traded in, 2 iphone 4 and a 4s. When I ordered the phones on 9/13 in the Verizon store I was told return envelopes would come with the new phones. When I received an e-mail confirmation of the order it contained a link to complete the form to trade in the phones. I completed that, received the packing material in a couple weeks. No return envelopes came with the phones.

0 Likes
pringlrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded 3 iphones on a family plan to the iphone 6+, with promises of rebates of $200 on all 3 phones. I called 611 twice, to inquire why my packing material had not arrived, and was informed by both reps that the material was backordered and not to worry, the trade in promo had been extended and they would request packing material to be resent.

Just called today, to find out nobody had ever received my trade in request, even though I had called in twice before to find out what the delay was. Apparently I needed to get a return ID, which never showed up in e-mail. Why didn't any of the prior reps ask that question? I know I was at the trade-in site because I answered the questions and got the appraisal on each of the phones. After getting the 'There is nothing we can do' response for over an hour, from both rep and reps manager, I'm at my wits end.

So, rather than make good on the error, or even offer me a credit on my bill, Verizon has offered like $50 for all 3 phones. I spend $350/month for the family plan, payed close to 1k for the iPhone upgrades, have been a loyal customer for several years, and this is how I'm treated? I want to send these (3)  I phones 6's back, get a refund, then start looking for a new carrier. This is the worst I've ever felt about Verizon in the 10 odd years I've been here.