Iphone 6S; terrible signal strength
Mattyb13

I have a 16 gig 6S; 4 months old. 
I have a Incipio case on it. 
I live in the burbs of Denver; very well populated.  Should be very strong signal strength. 

My phone seems to never have more than 1-2 dots of cell reception.  Its always jumping from 3G to LTE.  Very frustrating.  Dropped calls and broken up conversations constantly.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Any advice?  Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6S; terrible signal strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to ensure that you have reliable service that you can count on! Do other VZW users in the area have the issue? Does the issue occur throughout the area or a particular location? ( ie, home )
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mattyb13

Thank you for the prompt response. Appreciate. I am not sure if others

locally are having the same issue but my fiance got the same phone on the

same day as part of the same order. She does NOT have the same issues with

signal strength that I am having. I travel all over the state and the

problem is consistent everywhere I go. I never have more than 1-2 dots of

service anywhere in CO (even in Downtown Denver where there should be

plenty of Verizon signal) It feels as though my phone is fighting between

3G and LTE all the time. Very disappointed/concerned. Constant broken

up/dropped calls. My Iphone 5 never had this issue. Could there be an

issue with my phones antenna? Could the Incipio case I am using be

affecting my reception? Thanks for continued support.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which side of Denver?  Aurora? JeffCo? Foothills?  It is possible the tower serving your area is over stressed or positioned poorly for your home especially if it doesn't have a direct line of sight.  I always thought my signal in the Bear Creek Valley area was weaker near the creak then on top of the hills surrounding it.  Of course it probably has changed since i was last there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mattyb13

SW, Ken Caryl area. I am having the same problem all over the state tho.

My phone never has quality signal strength. I would think in that the norm

would be strong signal strength and occasionally it would be weaker. Its

always week, and never strong. thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried replacing the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mattyb13, having reliable service where ever you go is crucial. Help is here to ensure this happens for you. I’d like to take a deep dive into this issue. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashiaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kinj

I am also having trouble with my new Iphone 6s.  I traded in my iphone 5 s which worked perfectly in my home in NJ and anywhere else I traveled.  Now each time I am on the phone, I have broken conversations, and dropped calls. It is not a good thing as I am using this phone for business.  I see from the forums this is an issue others are having.  I have only had the phone for 2 months, but am ready to bring it back and downgrade to what I had before.

Please advise.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Well if you have had it for 2 months you can't take it back. Do you have advanced calling active on your line? If so you may be in an area where it's not working well. If that's the case you can turn the feature off and see if that helps.

0 Likes
topfuel72

I have the same problem here in Utah, lots of droped calls etc, I miss my old 4 and 5 they worked much better, I need to go to the Verizon store and see whats going on, unacceptable service.

0 Likes