Iphone 6s plus in stores on the 25th?
sw15
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will they have the iphone 6s plus in the store on Friday the 25th? Or should I just go ahead and order it online. Last year they made everyone stand in line and wouldn't even tell anyone what was available.  I don't want to sit out there and  roast in the hot sun for nothing.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 6s plus in stores on the 25th?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

They may but it's no guarantee on how many there will be or if you will be able to get one. If you have an Apple Store nearby you can try scheduling a reservation to get the 6s plus. Online it will show if the 6s plus is still an option at the location you're choosing. If not, it will only show the 6s or it won't show the location at all. You can also try your luck at Best Buy  but again, you won't know until you get there if you will be able to get what you want.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Sometimes pre-ordering is a lot better than playing musical stores...

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Absolutely. Unless you are without a phone it doesn't hurt to wait for it to arrive and it's less of a headache than waiting in line and risking disappointment. But in general people want instant gratification so waiting just isn't an option for those that feel like they have to have it first and now lol.

sw15
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just waited to do it in store so I could do the trade in promotion because if you do it that way you can apply it to a new device purchase. But here we are again two years in a row with Apple supply problems. It's getting a little irritating.  I can wait for the phone itself I just wanted to do it before the promotion ends.  So I guess I'll have to try and sell it on my own and pre-order or a Samsung is looking good right now. Lol

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Best of luck to you.  And to be fair, this isn't just an Apple problem...this happens across different industries as well.  I don't forsee a time when new iPhone's will be plentiful at time of release unless they happen to become a lot less popular in the coming years.

But think about it...every time Microsoft releases a new xBox or Sony releases a new Play Station...the same thing happens.  The release during the fall/holiday season...there is never enough to go around...some folks pre order while others play the black friday/wait game and there will always be disappointment. 

Can you find any of these products at launch...sure, with enough time and patience you probably can...or you can pay an inflated value from a place like eBay where people go to capitalize on the shortage of a popular item. 

Either way...best of luck to you...

0 Likes