Is Padora radio using more data ?
hpv1west

Verizon Wireless,

Is use of Pandora radio more data usage ?

Cordially,

Henry

Personal Information removed as required by

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Padora radio using more data ?
ddlovato
Enthusiast - Level 3

For about 17 hours of streaming music you use 1GB of Data, I personally use wifi when streaming music or spotify premium so I can download the songs to my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hpv1west-

We understand that keeping track of data is very important.  Streaming music and movies or videos do consume a lot of data usage.  You can keep track of your data usage by dialing #data from your mobile phone or signing into My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Pandora on the free tier will stream up to 64 kbps. It does adjust to how fast your data is, so if you get an LTE phone, you will see the data use go up since it will use the maximum supported stream of 64 kbps. Pandora actually uses less data than most of the other streaming choices such as Pandora, Apple Music or Slacker.

At 64 kbps you will use 28 Megabytes per hour or 36 hours to use up a Gigabyte.

With Spotify, which streams at maximum of 320 kbps at the highest premium level, you will use 144 Megabytes per hour or a Gigabyte in 7 hours.

0 Likes