Is anyone getting excessive data charges with their iphone 6?
nmckenzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting excessve data usage for the past 5 months and its been worse since i have the iphone 6. I always averaged under 1G with my iphone 4S and within the last 4 months of having my 4S and the first month of my 6, my data has been averaging 2G. I haven't used my phone differently and don't know if this is because I switched from an unlimited plan to a 2G plan. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is anyone getting excessive data charges with their iphone 6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nmckenzie,

I hear you. There was an update to Facebook which causes the videos posted to autoplay which has caused some increase in data usage for Facebook. Please check to make sure your videos are not set to auto-play on the data network. Go to Settings>Facebook>Settings>Auto-play, change it to "off" or "Wifi only".

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nmckenzie,

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this data usage. Have you had the opportunity to check you settings to see what is using the data on your device? Go to Settings>Cellular>Scroll down. What is showing the for the highest use of data?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
nmckenzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

My facebook shows the highest at 500MB. But it doesn't make sense, as I used more phone more liberally when I had an unlimited data plan, and my usage barely reached 1GB. Something is definitely wrong

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nmckenzie,

I hear you. There was an update to Facebook which causes the videos posted to autoplay which has caused some increase in data usage for Facebook. Please check to make sure your videos are not set to auto-play on the data network. Go to Settings>Facebook>Settings>Auto-play, change it to "off" or "Wifi only".

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
nmckenzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I will try this out!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nmckenzie,

You are welcome. Let us know how data usage is after changing these settings and testing for the next couple of days.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes