Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is anyone having problems connecting their iPhone 6 to their network extender?
SSchuermann

We have 2 new iPhone 6s in our household, but we are not able to connect them to our network extender.  Is anyone else having the same problem?  If so, solution?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone having problems connecting their iPhone 6 to their network extender?
way2ski

Yes. I have had it for a week. If I go very close to the device it will sync up to it and I can walk away anywhere in the house with 5 bars, but if I turn the phone on it goes to a 1 bar cell tower and doesn't see the the extender. I think they have a power management software problem.

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone having problems connecting their iPhone 6 to their network extender?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

way2ski We're sorry to hear you're experincing issues with your iPhone 6 and the Network Extender. Have you tried moving the extender to other rooms in the home? If so, tell us what happened.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Potts6

Found this solution on another posting in this forum AND IT WORKS.

Go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE --- click to only allow data; the voice LTE on iPhones apparently has an issue with connecting with the extender and even a very weak LTE signal which has the phone override the extender.  I did it and have not had any issues.

BTW - while having the issue, I was less than 10 feet away from the extender, so it was REALLY frustrating.

0 Likes