Is my iPhone 6 compatible on Verizon's Network?
brinty15

I have a iPhone 6 (a1586) that I bought straight from the from the Apple Store, unlocked. I'm currently on Straight Talk's Verizon network but I've been thinking of switching back to Verizon. Am I able to do that with my phone? I really don't want to buy a new phone since this one is only about 4 months old and paid quite a bit for it. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is my iPhone 6 compatible on Verizon's Network?
Weth
Legend

As long as that particular model was not sold for the Sprint network (and it doesn't sound that way based on your description), that is the unlocked iPhone 6 model that works just fine on postpaid Verizon network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As long as that particular model was not sold for the Sprint network (and it doesn't sound that way based on your description), that is the unlocked iPhone 6 model that works just fine on postpaid Verizon network.

0 Likes
brinty15

As far as I know it's the unlocked, SIM-Free one. From what I've read, it can be used on all 4 major carriers in the United States. I bought it straight from the Apple Store because my old phone took a swim 😕

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Apples sim free phones are designed to work on any carrier. 

The iPhone 6/6 plus specs are as below.  (Note the specs for the 6S are different)   The GSM version is limited to ATT or T-mobile and other GSM only networks.  The GSM version has LTE bands that will work, but 3G services like Text and calls in non LTE areas are not possible. 

The iPhone 6 sold by sprint can be unlocked and is usable on any other network.  Previous Sprint phones either can't be unlocked or were unable to work when they were.  Sprint, like all major networks signed thenagreement with the FCC to unlock phones once paid off.

IMG_5521.JPG

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

mama23dogs

The AT&T or T-Mobile iPhone 6, 6Plus, 6S, and 6S Plus will work on Verizon, including the CDMA 1x and 3G EVDO. I know the specs above don't show the CDMA EVDO radio, but it is in there and active.

However the AT&T iPhone 7 and 7Plus do not work on Verizon.

0 Likes