Just got my iPhone 6, i used iCloud backup to get my information on it, everything is on there but i can't make calls or send iMessage. Help?
cknox

help! I need to be able to use this before 7 o'clock

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just got my iPhone 6, i used iCloud backup to get my information on it, everything is on there but i can't make calls or send iMessage. Help?
dmcnickle
Contributor - Level 1

Did you activate it before you put all your stuff from iCloud on it?

0 Likes
Re: Just got my iPhone 6, i used iCloud backup to get my information on it, everything is on there but i can't make calls or send iMessage. Help?
cknox

I believe so. When i turned on the phone I had to type in activation information

0 Likes
dmcnickle
Contributor - Level 1

Call Verizon.  If I recall, someone else posted about having skipped a step or something when setting up their phone.  Verizon was able to help fix it.

My is still out for delivery, so I can't help much except from memory when I activated our iPhone 5 two years ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cknox!

I'd love to help get your new phone up and running! Are you getting an error message when trying to dial out? Are you able to access internet on the cellular network?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Akinscd
Enthusiast - Level 1

i'm having this issue.  i have tried dialing the activation number and entering in my phone number a dozen times.  new iphone 6 will not activate

0 Likes
dburne
Contributor - Level 2

I activated two new iPhone 6's today, both times I ended up having to call in to get them activated properly. I was able to restore all my settings from the cloud ok, just could not get them activated automatically. Had to wait on hold a bit, but both times once I got someone on the phone they got them activated quickly with no problems.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you're upgrading from anoyhr iPhone try swapping the SIM cards to see if that helps.

0 Likes