Loyalty Plan iPhone 6 Upgrade
rnthoma1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was switched to the Loyalty Plan by a phone representative some time back and was assured I would be able to upgrade my phone with no problem at my normal date and keep this plan.  I have reached my eligibility, but am not able to upgrade to the new device unless I accept higher pricing on a More Everything Plan.  I have an Apple.com gift card, so I originally was trying to upgrade on their site to use the value of the card.  I thought maybe I was having the problem because I was not ordering direct through Verizon.  However, when I went to Verizon's website, I got the same thing.  Is there no way to upgrade to the iPhone 6 through Apple (to use my gift card) and keep my current Loyalty Plan?

Thank You.Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
Re: Loyalty Plan iPhone 6 Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can appreciate you wanting to ensure you stay locked in to this great loyalty pricing, rnthoma1. Since we have a couple of loyalty plans in place, it would be best for us to review which one you have to see what the stipulations are. Some plans will require you to select a new plan when you take advantage of an upgrade. Have you already contacted someone in customer service to confirm the plan you have?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rnthoma1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm on the $60 Loyalty unlimited T&T, 2GB data with $10 per extra GB used.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information rnthoma1! Upgrading to a new phone at a discount price requires a new contract with new terms and conditions; A current regular calling plan must be accepted as part of your new contract in order to upgrade at a subsidized price.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
rnthoma1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not what I was told when I was switched over to the Loyalty Plan. Good old bait & switch tactic.  Since my contract is us, I can now take my business to Sprint, have them cut my bill in half for the next two years. Even with having to make monthly payments on a phone with their Easy Pay program, the monthly payment is cheaper than the "current regular calling plan" on Verizon.  So much for "Loyalty."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty and tenure rnthoma1! I just sent you a direct message so that I can personally review your account for options. Please reply to that message for further assistance.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes