Message + App on 6S+
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched from Droid to IPhone. I downloaded Message + to my new phone and was getting notifications from both Message+ and the stock message app. I turned off notifications for IMessage and it worked for a day or two. Then I very suddenly (in the middle of a conversation) stopped receiving messages on Message+. Is it possible to get rid of IMessage so that Message + works like it did on my Droid? What are the settings, please? I've already read the "help" and FAQ. Do I  need to turn off everything under Settings>Messages and deregister?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Message + App on 6S+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First, congratulations on your new iPhone. I hope you are loving your new phone. I want to make sure we can get your Message+ app functioning on your iPhone the same way it was functioning on your Droid. It is very simple to disable the iMessage feature and only use the Message+ app. Can you please go to settings-->messages-->iMessage? From there, just turn the green switch to white. That will prohibit any message being sent or received as an iMessage. If you have any other Apple products with the same Apple ID, I would recommend disabling the iMessage feature from there as well, as sometimes messages will re-route to another Apple device if still enabled. This way, you can ensure all of your messages will come through on the Messages+ application.
AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes,that's what I did in the beginning.I turned off iMessage. I have no

other apple devices. I still don't get messages from iPhone users in

message+. Please tell me what settings I should have. Simply sliding

imessages to off doesn't work. Thanks.

So far, the intuitive experience on iphone is not so much.

On Saturday, December 12, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Josiedan,

Thanks so much for getting back with us. It sounds like you've been doing everything correctly. Let's keep working together on this. We really want you to be able to enjoy your new iPhone. Do you know how the messages are going out on the other folks devices? For example, if an iPhone sending you a message still shows blue on their end, that will let us know that this is an Apple issue. If it shows green, we'd want to look at some things on our end and on your device.

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting. In my original message, I noted that I stopped getting

messages during a conversation, which was with my husband. I looked at his

phone. The messages were green on his phone (I got those in Message +) and

during the conversation the messages began displaying as blue and those

were the messages Message + didn't get. I reinstalled M+ this morning and

the messages on his phone are now green.

It's weird that it changed in the middle of the conversation.So,it's

working right now, but could change in its own again.

On Sunday, December 13, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting texts, but no notifications. In Notifications under Message+, I

have everything slid to green. I had it set to banners, but was getting

nothing, so I changed it to Alerts, and still get nothing. That's the only

thing missing, now.

Thanks for all of your help.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 11:02 AM, [removal of personal information required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anything? If we can't get this last important thing worked out, I'll need

to ditch this app. Sadly.

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015, [removal of personal information required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking this time to troubleshoot, Josiedan. We want to ensure you get the most out of the app. Is this happening with all messages from all contacts or only certain ones? Have you "Muted" any of the conversations?
YaleK_VZW

0 Likes