Moving to Richmond.
rigger64

Can I order phones with VA cell numbers while in Atlanta?  We are moving from Saudi Arabia to Richmond but need to go to Atlanta for a while first.  I'd like our new phones to have numbers from VA, not GA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving to Richmond.
Loquat
Master - Level 1

You can call and ask but I thought that VZW assigned numbers based on the area code in relation to the billing zip code at initial time of sign up.  I could be wrong though...never hurts to call and ask.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Rigger64,

We are so elated to have you join in the VZW family! We know having mobile number options with your service is important. Once your services have been activated you can perform a free mobile number change online http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/ . When you change your mobile number in My Verizon, you can select the area code and prefix. The last four digits will be automatically assigned to you based on what’s available . So you would need to know the area code for VA or GA to change the number to your preference.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
riknetta42

I recently ordered 3 phones from Verizon I am based in CO and the other 2 phones are in AZ and I was able to request CO area codes for the 2 in AZ

0 Likes