My iPhone 6 has an issue when answering inbound wireless calls.
Deb815

When the phone is ringing for an inbound wireless call, after swiping the answer slide button the phone stops ringing. But it seems to take up to 3 - 4 seconds before the upstream channel is established and the calling party can hear me speaking. The calling party continues to hear ring tones until the 3- 4 seconds has passed. I am able to reproduce this problem by calling my iPhone from my home landline. This issue seemed to start around the time that the last point release to iOS 8 was released and was not an issue earlier in the year. I have upgraded to both iOS 9.0 and iOS 9.0.1, but the problem persists. Anybody else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone 6 has an issue when answering inbound wireless calls.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details Deb815. Glad to learn all your other services are working normally for you. There has been another software patch released for the phone. I would make sure you have that installed to see if that corrects the issue. Are the other callers that experience this delay calling from landlines as well or from cell phones or both? Does it happen with all calls or is this random?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes a delay with their calls Deb815. We want everyone together when you're on a call. Let's take a look into this for you. Does this happen when using Bluetooth headsets or speakerphone as well? Is this happening at a specific location or do you notice it happening everywhere? Are you experiencing any delays with your texts or data?

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deb815

I can say that it definitely happens while at home when receiving a wireline-to-mobile call since I have been able to reproduce that. The issue has occurred both when using the iPhone normally and when using it with the standard iPhone headphones plugged in. I cannot recall the issue occurring elsewhere, like when I an in my car with Bluetooth hands-free enabled. There have not been any other data-related issues with texting or other apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details Deb815. Glad to learn all your other services are working normally for you. There has been another software patch released for the phone. I would make sure you have that installed to see if that corrects the issue. Are the other callers that experience this delay calling from landlines as well or from cell phones or both? Does it happen with all calls or is this random?

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
Deb815

There is nothing in the iOS 9.0.2 release notes that relates to my issue, but I will install it. I have not asked the calling parties what type of phone they are calling from - wireline or wireless - but I will. The issue does not happen all the time, i.e.. absolutely every inbound call, and appears to be random.

0 Likes