My iPhone 6 keeps going from wifi to LTE when I'm at home
KCAVALCANTE1

My phone keeps going from wifi to lte all of a sudden. My smart tv has a fine signal from what I can tell. And when I am at work, my normal wifi options don't come up nearly as often

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 6 keeps going from wifi to LTE when I'm at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KCAVALCANTE1,

That's definitely a bit odd and we're happy to help. Let's make sure that WiFi Assist is disabled on your phone to prevent the back and forth switching. See how to Enable/Disable that setting here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206983/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCAVALCANTE1

I already did that. I forgot the network and went back in. I backed up my phone and restored my phone. Other devices work on the wifi so it's not the router itself. It just randomly goes in and out and seemingly drops when I'm using data, which is quite convenient as I've already gone over my data limit with over a week still to go

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you going over on data KVAVALCANTE1, especially when you need to stay connected to friends and family. When did you start noticing this issue? Has it ever stayed connected to the wifi networks in the past?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KCAVALCANTE1

Probably about a week ago. I was always connected to my wifi without a problem. 3 bars all the time. Now it's consistently at 2 bars (of the 3 wifi), and drops very often. I then have to manually connect back, sometimes having to re-enter the password again.  I already went through apple support and the problem is still persisting

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to stay connected to WiFi Kcavalcante1, especially when trying to manage your data usage. Lets get to the bottom of this.

Are you having this issue with all WiFi or just the one at home? What software version are you running on the phone http://vz.to/2dI4k3z?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCAVALCANTE1

It's all wifi. And when I'm on wifi, it's slow

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate you clarifying this for us. Let's look at this from a different angle. We sent you a private message please respond there.

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Even though other devices are working, reboot your wireless router and see if that helps.  I have seen that work before. 

0 Likes