My old apps
Sally7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got my new iPhone  yesterday. apps are waiting and are blank. My alarm system will not load. Do I have to contact the company?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My old apps
rcschnoor
Legend

Sally7 wrote:

Hi

No they are not loading still.

have you tried deleting the apps and then reloading them?

This is one of the main reasons I prefer to backup my iPhone to a desktop computer vs the cloud.

Do you still have the iPhone 5S? If so, did they factory reset that device at the store after backing it up?

IF you still have the iPhone 5S in your posession in the same state as before the switch, I would suggest turning it on and backing that device up to a desktop computer via iTunes.

THEN you can factory reset the new device and set it up using the backup from your desktop computer of the iPhone 5S.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sally7 congrats on the new phone! Getting a new device should only be a positive experience. Let's make that happen. What kind of phone did you have previously? If it was an iPhone, did you use iCloud to back up your phone? Are you able to call text and use the Internet on the new phone?
RosanneMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sally7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

This is Sally in regards to my new

Phone. I had iPhone 5s. Everything

Works fine except all my important apps

Did not load. Said waiting. Two

Days now and still not loading.

Banking and alarm. Please advise

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sally7 wrote:

Hi

This is Sally in regards to my new

Phone. I had iPhone 5s.

Which phone do you have now?

Sally7 wrote:

Everything

Works fine except all my important apps

Did not load. Said waiting. Two

Days now and still not loading.

Banking and alarm.

Did you set this up as a new device or restore it from a backup?

What do you mean they are not loading? Are the icons on your phone yet they are simply sitting there as if they are attempting to download onto the phone? Have you tried deleting the icon and re-loading them? Are you logged into the same Appleid account?  Have you gone into the app store to find the app and see what options you have for it? i.e. download, open, purchase, etc...

0 Likes
Sally7
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I purchased my phone at Verizon

He backed up my iPhone on the cloud.

Then we activated the new iPhone 6.

When I got home I thought my

Apps would continue to load.

However only a couple of apps returned.

I had to re download my Amazon

On lost my 13.00 bonus as its

A new account now. My banking

Apps will all have to be redone.

My alarm system? I have no clue

Except to call the co so as to reactivate.

Is there any reason this is happening?

This is the first time I've had trouble.

I still have my old phone

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Sally7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the old icons are dark and says

Waiting.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sally7 wrote:

Yes, the old icons are dark and says

Waiting.

Sent from my iPhone

I would delete the app and try downloading again.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Sally7 wrote:

When I purchased my phone at Verizon

He backed up my iPhone on the cloud.

Then we activated the new iPhone 6.

When I got home I thought my

Apps would continue to load.

However only a couple of apps returned.

When you started the downloads at the Verizon store, were these started on the store's wifi or via cellular data thus using up your monthly data allowance. Quite often when beginning a download on wifi and moving the download to cellular the transition from one data source to another does not work so well as what appears to be the case with your situation.

IF they started your phone activation on cellular data, you may have a further problem with using up a significant amount of your monthly data allowance by downloading all of those apps via cellular. If this is the case, I would check to make sure you have not used up your data allowance and are going to incur overages.

There are probably a couple of thing you can do. You can reset your phone and start activation again with your old cloud backup OR you can delete the apps which are waiting and then attempt downloading them again. Even if you attempt to download from your cloud backup, you may STILL have to sign into your apps and/or activate them.

Sally7 wrote:

I had to re download my Amazon

On lost my 13.00 bonus as its

A new account now.

Not sure what this means. As long as you log into your Amazon account with the same credentials you should not lose anything you previously had on your account. I log into my Verizon account from multiple devices all the time and do not have to open up a new account on each device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sally7, congratulations on your upgrade to a new iPhone 6. We want to make sure that all of your information transfers over to your new phone. Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Did you use the same Apple ID and password that you had set up for your previous Apple Account? If so, when accessing the App Store on your phone, you should be provided with the option to download all tha applications that you had before.

LasinaHH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sally7, I rely on my apps daily so I know how important it is to ensure they are working properly. Have you already tried to un-install and re-install the application? When you restored your phone, was is from a previous back up or set up as a new phone?

Thank You,
MichelleSS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes