My phone is making calls without my knowlede
KCCunningham

Over the past several months I've gotten calls from people saying that they missed a call from my number. Some of these calls have been people in my own contacts. These numbers were never dialed by my phone and it's in my pies soon all the time.

It happened again today and my phone has been sitting on the counter untouched all day. There have been no calls made to these numbers and my call history validates that. Has anyone else had this issue or ever heard of it? What's going on?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is making calls without my knowlede
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How very strange that this is happening! Lets dig down to get to the bottom of this. How long has this been going on? Do you share an Apple ID with anyone else?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCCunningham

This has been happening for nearly 3 months but recently it's gotten really bad.  No I don't share an Apple ID with anyone other than my husband.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KCCunningham

We'll get to the bottom of this!  It helps to know your husband shares the same Apple ID as you.  Have you cross referenced his device to see if these exact calls were placed from his device?  The later iOS software has a "Family Sharing" feature that allows devices signed into the same Apple ID to share content.  Please keep me posted with your findings.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCCunningham

Come to find my husband doesn't share an Apple ID.

So it's only my phone that's on that account.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Nbytim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would do a soft reset ... Power and home button together until you see Apple logo ... You can try doing s reset to all your settings ... Doesn't erase anything but does reset things like your wallpaper ringtone wifi lock code ...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KCCunningham,

Thanks for providing those additional details. That's definitely something we wanted to confirm to get to the bottom of this. To be sure, taking a look at your husbands device there would be a completely separate Apple ID currently used on his device? This can be found by going to Settings and iCloud. If that is definitely not being shared, then we may indeed want to reset the device and restore as new to see if the issues persist. If not, you can then restore data from your previous backup to bring back your data. See how you can backup and restore the device here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204686.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes