My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
Pamtom
Enthusiast - Level 1

You summed this up perfectly. We have been Verizon customers for 20 plus years in the same house. For the first 19 years had maybe 5 dropped calls in total. Now, I get 5 a day, and it happens all over the neighborhood, town, and state. When it was 3g, we never had a problem. I now need to use my landline which I'm glad we didn't get rid of. My sister who lives 8 miles away had to get the Verizon extender and still our 20 minute conversation dropped 3 times and we gave up. We have tried restarting, resetting, and upgrading our modem. Nothing helped. This is the new dirty little secret as all of our friends and relatives with Verizon are experiencing the same problem and for this we are paying hundreds a month. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pamtom, we know you want to stay connected to friends and family, especially while you're around your home. Let's gather some details to help find a resolution. What are the make and model phones you are using? How many bars of service are you showing around the town, and what signal are you showing (4G, 5G)? 

-Alex

0 Likes
Re: My phone started dropping calls in my house about a month ago. How can I fix this?
Pamtom
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I each have the Pixel 5a. The service I get is LTE and it constantly changes from no bars (dropped calls) to 2 or 3 bars.  It will change constantly in the course of a single conversation.  I do have WIFI calling on for those reasons.  I have been happy with Verizon for over 20 years as I never or rarely had a dropped call.  We are still in the same house and the situation is terrible now, actually since Verizon said y they were discontinuing the 3g network. I restart my phone regularly, make sure our modem is updated and still the calls drop.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to maintain reliable service when you need it! To confirm does the call show it is connected under "WiFi Calling" yet still drops the call or does it stay on only when on WiFi Calling? 

-Yale

0 Likes