My wife and I went to the Verizon store to purchase her an iPhone 6+. We were told of this great promotion to receive $200 back and the iPhone 6 was $199. Great deal, we thought! I bought an iPhone 6 and my wife an iPhone 6+. We were told that we woul
JGASr

My wife and I went to the Verizon store to purchase her an iPhone 6+.  We were told of this great promotion to receive $200 back and the iPhone 6 was $199.  Great deal, we thought!  I bought an iPhone 6 and my wife an iPhone 6+.  We were told that we would get the rebate when Verizon received  our phones.  I got my phone and went online to print the return label.  My wife iPhone 6+ hasn't shipped yet.  I found out that the promotion ended yesterday and that I should have printed the label before that time.  We lost out on the rebate.  What a scam!  I went to the store and was told that it's the customer’s responsibility to follow up and that all of their sales reps were trained to ensure the process was understood.  We left the store believing that we would have 14 days to return our phones.  This would never have happened if we received written instructions.  It was the stores responsibility to ENSURE that the customer received the correct procedure information.  Obviously a scam on Verizon's part! Is this the stores issue or Verizon's? How can we get our rebate?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My wife and I went to the Verizon store to purchase her an iPhone 6+. We were told of this great promotion to receive $200 back and the iPhone 6 was $199. Great deal, we thought! I bought an iPhone 6 and my wife an iPhone 6+. We were told that we
Slogal32

You will never get it.  After going up to a supervisor level, was told if you did not do what they wanted by 10/15, you do not get the $200.  I told them repeatedly that no one told me I had to do anything for my rebate, but they didn't care.  Unfortunately, just re-upped for another two years, but will leave as soon as I can and tell everyone I know that Verizon is a ripoff.

0 Likes
Re: My wife and I went to the Verizon store to purchase her an iPhone 6+. We were told of this great promotion to receive $200 back and the iPhone 6 was $199. Great deal, we thought! I bought an iPhone 6 and my wife an iPhone 6+. We were told that we
Nymeria7

That is not what my trade in disclaimer said at all...  You had to PURCHASE an iphone 6 by 10/15.  But you have seven days to send the device back after receiving it...

How could I send my iphone in before I received the new one?  I would have no cell phone for a month because it was on back order.

This is the email I received after submitting my order:

"The appraised value includes a promotional offer that requires a purchase of an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon Wireless by 10/15/2014. Your device must be mailed to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus but no later than 12/01/2014. Device received after 12/01/2014 will be reassessed at current market value. Damaged and non-working devices will be appraised according to their condition at time of inspection."

Hope this helps in some way.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

JGASr Call VZW and explain your situation...that just doesn't sound right.  Maybe they'll be able to get your a return label.  If you just received your phone, and you ordered before 10/15, there shouldn't be too much of an issue as you're within the guidelines.  When you did take delivery of your new device?  Reply with details...maybe VZW reps or other forum members may be able to chime in give you more insight...

0 Likes