New Upgrade policy for IPhone 6s and 6s Plus
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I was told if you didn't pre-order your phone from Verizon Wireless you can not do the yearly upgrade when you do the device payments program. I really do thinks is fair because Verizon can support all the iPhone customers or any other cell phone users if they could it wouldn't be any third party stores out there. Big Red give me a break

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New Upgrade policy for IPhone 6s and 6s Plus
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's not just preorders. Any one that purchases an iPhone 6s/s plus from Verizon can qualify for the yearly upgrade as long as they are on device payments. Makes sense that it has to be from Verizon because it's a Verizon promotion.

Mfmissy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello I just purchased a iPhone 6s on August 28 I have the everything program I was due for an upgrade so I purchased it with the $25 a month promotion so my plan did not really change I was not in need of a phone the reason for this iPhone was because  of this size, age and are you cite doing me in,  and bells and whistles, but I definitely could have waited, if I knew there was something coming out, in less than a month and the service person knew this and did not let anything on.

I purchased this phone without much knowledge on upgrading or changing over. I went in yesterday to see if I may upgrade or change

Over to the new iPhone 6s Plus as I did not see this until the key note speaker on September 12, I wish so much that I could have gotten that phone I just may be up a creek I was told the only way this could happen is I had to pay the full amount of the phone which is over $800; I've only made one payment on this plan. I also saw the same exact phone I had just purchased $100 less in their showroom. I left just bummed out and figured I just had to wait two more years. I did see this message and it has made me wonder, I did think this plan was a planned that I was not in a contract and I could change over my phone but I did not realize I had to pay full price first before I was let go of my contract to this phone  I don't mind paying the price of a new phone and receive  a better trade in price for a phone I bought just but a month ago but that was not possible is there really a better choice or am I stuck thank you very much

E-Mail address removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I don't think it should be just whom ever purchased a phone from Verizon it should be everyone who purchase an iPhone 6 or 6s. SMH

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It is a Verizon promotion so of course it should be for customers that purchased from Verizon on the device payment plan. You can't go to store A and expect them to give you the same incentives that store B does. Even stores that offer price matching exclude things like financing offers or free gifts with purchase. Promotions and incentive offers main point is to entice buyers to come to your store to purchase versus buying from somewhere else.

Weth
Legend

Mfmissy wrote:

I purchased this phone without much knowledge on upgrading or changing over. I went in yesterday to see if I may upgrade or change

That at is your biggest problem.  The fact a new iPhone was coming out in September is very predictable and a 15 min research would have easily told you this.  Never buy blind and expect things to work out.  Your option is to keep the phone, or buy the new one 6S at full price and sell the 1 month old 6.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

No, it shouldn't because Verizon can't handle all the iPhones or android that are purchase by their customers. This why there device payment plan are at third party stores. They can't handle the volume.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

With that rationale absolutely no carrier should have this promo because none of them can handle the demand on their own. Device payment plans and a promotion that allows you to upgrade annually has nothing to do with supply. It's a promotion. Not sure why you're having a hard time understanding that. To be fair, if someone wants the same type promotion but wants to purchase outside of Verizon they can purchase from Apple...use their DPP and be able to upgrade annually. Your argument makes absolutely no sense as to why Verizon should let you upgrade annually regardless of where you purchased. None of the other carriers allow you to use their promo for annual upgrade if you purchased outside of them and without using their DPP.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I think all carriers should allow the new iPhone policy no matter where you PURCHASED YOUR Phone.  The phone is in such high demand and they can NOT HANDLE EVERYONES ORDER.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

you really don't get how business works.  There is no new general iPhone policy.   There is a business decision at Verizon, that if you buy a new iPhone from Verizon, you can upgrade in a year.  They are matching what Apple has done with phones you buy directly from Apple.  It is up to Best Buy, Costco, etc what their policy is from phones you buy from them. 

0 Likes