No 4G LTE at all on new iphone 6
bascodo

For claiming to have the world's largest network I have not been able to get past 3 bars and haven't even seen a 4G connection in the week that I have had my iphone. I live in Phoenix and according to the map I am right in the middle of a 4G utopia that I can take no part in. Help!

Also, I have reached the data that I used on my 4S in a month in a mere 10 days on my 6 using the same apps, etc. Is that normal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4G LTE at all on new iphone 6
Not applicable

depends on exactly which apps you are using? Also do you mean you phone shows 3G instead of the 4G symbol? Slow speeds does not mean you're not on 4G.

0 Likes
bascodo

I am using the exact same apps that I used on the 4s and for some reason they I used more that triple my normal data in a little more than a week.

I meant that according to tech support my phone should have more than 3 bars and have a the little 4G LTE text up top and it has not went over 3 bars and never said that I was using 4G at all.

0 Likes
Not applicable

bascodo wrote:

I am using the exact same apps that I used on the 4s and for some reason they I used more that triple my normal data in a little more than a week.

I meant that according to tech support my phone should have more than 3 bars and have a the little 4G LTE text up top and it has not went over 3 bars and never said that I was using 4G at all.

Which apps. I'm asking. No one can help you without information

3 bars doesn't mean you're not getting 4G that's just the signal strength, that will change depending on distance on location. Very rarely is anyone going to get 5 bars unless you're right next to a tower.

0 Likes
bascodo

I am not sure how listing all of my apps will answer my question. Perhaps I should phrase my question like this, has anyone noticed a huge jump in their data usage in going from a 4S to a 6 when they are using the exact same apps on each phone?

Regarding the 4G, I ask because my wife has a 5S and her phone actually says 4G and appears to get a better signal all the time when in the same area as mine. I called verizon tech support and they said that in the area I am in that my phone should be saying that is using 4G. You may be right that I may be getting 4G even though it doesn't say it, but how am I going to know that? I could just being paying for something I am not getting.

0 Likes