Re: No service since iOS 9.2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Powdergiant We are definitely happy to learn the LTE is working. Please keep us posted should you require assistance we are here.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ebbyblock
Enthusiast - Level 1

Took a trip to the nearest store today. They did everything I could do and finally swapped the SIM card. That swap did the job. Same phone is working with iOS 9.2 and carrier version 23.2 now.

will2383
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after going through every step imaginable -- multiple restores, sim swaps, resetting settings, device changes, escalations with Apple and Verizon, etc. -- I finally figured it out on my own.  All I needed to do was turn all of the roaming options off manually, and then back on.  Picked it up just fine.

Best I can figure is, in my own situation, is that mine was an unlocked phone originally bought in Australia and used on an Australian network (model-wise, it's the same as you'd get here and perfectly compatible) while I was there for a few months before coming back to the US.  Phone worked fine with Verizon SIM until 9.2 and carrier update.  I'm thinking that something in one of or between the two updates got confused about something tucked away deep in the device referencing Australia and made it wig out and not connect to Verizon anymore.  Turning roaming off and then on again seems to have cleared that bug, and all is working fine now.

It's odd that something like this propagated even through many "reset network settings" as well as full restores and a device switch (so it would appear to be something included in an iTunes/iCloud backup).  Either way, fixed now.  Weird stuff.

Powdergiant
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, following up from my post a week ago. After the Carrier Service update to 23.2 on iOS 9.2, LTE seemed to be working correctly. It quickly returned to the normal state of 1x. After rebooting my phone it'll then again reconnect to LTE temporarily, but that only lasts a bit. Putting it in airplane mode and then back doesn't do anything. Resetting network to default didn't work.

This is beyond frustrating, paying for a service that's not usable and broken due to something that's not caused by me. I would understand if I had dropped the phone and it busted, but this is Manufacturer and Service Provider not doing their due diligence with QA and breaking their product. It's been weeks now since I've been able to use my phone and I'm at the stage of actually taking a hammer to it, dropping Apple and Verizon altogether.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that your device is having service issues again Powdergiant. Have you tried a factory reset through itunes or have an Apple representative evaluate the phone at a store location?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ahdang
Enthusiast - Level 1

One day my wife's phone went to no service for no reason. Found your post, checked roaming settings and for some reason her phone needed manual roaming adjustment. Did that and service is back on. Thanks for taking the time to post your issue, huge help!

0 Likes