No status on iphone6+ that has email confirmation stating 9/19 delivery
TK0

See the screenshot - the "Deliver By" date for my iPhone6 Plus in the email confirmation from Verizon states that it is 9/19.  But when I go to the order status page, it says "No information available".  I've seen some other threads where some people seem to have gotten shipping confirmation.

What's happening?  It's a breach of contract, false advertising, or switch and bait if Verizon was advertising with promises for deliver date for 9/19, confirmed through email that's 9/19, but then had no capability of delivering on those promises.

Consumers had a choice - they base their choice on information provided by the Vendors.  But this model breaks down when vendors make up promises they cannot deliver on.

I would like to know the status of my order.

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 7.46.38 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No status on iphone6+ that has email confirmation stating 9/19 delivery
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon most likely didn't set the amount of inventory they would receive. Apple makes the decisions of the level of inventory. Of which I have read this pre-order broke the previous record for iPhone pre-orders (iPhone 5) by almost double the amount. If Apple had only planned to have an inventory of say 1.5 times the amount of the previous record for pre-orders, then they will have to mark some orders as backordered. I have also read that Apple fulfills the orders from their website before any other websites orders. That is the true cost of doing business and I'm sure Apple has already considered the ramifications of not quite meeting demand immediately. You have a pre-order, you just might not get it right away.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That isn't a breach of contract. That is lower supply to actual demand.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TK0

This isn't kindergarten.  My dog at the iphones, I don't know how to forecast properly, I don't know how to use a simple counter (or a distributed counter and/or eventually consistent system) aren't good excuses.  Running a business assumes competence.  They didn't put "Delivery By... Unavailable" before people bought the phone because... guess what, that would affect sales.

If the situation was reversed, Verizon wouldn't be so accommodating.  The "supply of my money was lower than the actual demand for my money" - sorry, I can't pay my bill on time as agreed on.  I anticipate... I can pay my bill 2 weeks later... no 4 weeks later... wait... the estimate paying of my bill is "unavailable at this time" and your request is "being processed" wouldn't fly.  Then why do you think it's okay for Verizon to do this?

0 Likes
feelthelove
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its not right. They will do the same thing to people going to the stores on Friday. They will tell customers a date that they feel is acceptable. Then when the actual date is confirmed online or by phone once the customer leaves the store they will right here with the rest of us. I failed to do a screen shot. My date was sooner online than my email stated. Just tell me "we screwed up, we planned poorly. We have no idea when you phone wil arrive."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon most likely didn't set the amount of inventory they would receive. Apple makes the decisions of the level of inventory. Of which I have read this pre-order broke the previous record for iPhone pre-orders (iPhone 5) by almost double the amount. If Apple had only planned to have an inventory of say 1.5 times the amount of the previous record for pre-orders, then they will have to mark some orders as backordered. I have also read that Apple fulfills the orders from their website before any other websites orders. That is the true cost of doing business and I'm sure Apple has already considered the ramifications of not quite meeting demand immediately. You have a pre-order, you just might not get it right away.