Odd text issue
Mitch-FF

I have an iPhone 6 and iPad linked. Frequently when I get sent text messages to my phone number, they appear on my iPad fairly quickly, but take up to an hour or more to show up on my phone. This occurs even when they are sitting next to each other and connected to the same wifi or, presumably, the same cellular tower. Both have same version of IOS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Odd text issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely an odd situation Mitch-FF. Both should receive the message at the same time. Do you have iMessage enabled on your phone? Are you using Verizon messages on both devices?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mitch-FF

iMessage is enabled on both devices, and all messages come through the native iPhone/iPad message app. I do not have the Verizon Message app installed on either device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your messages are received on time Mitch-FF.  When did you start having issues with your messages? Do you ever receive any error messages on your iPhone? Does it happen to all text or just photo or video?
YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mitch-FF

It started a couple months ago. I thought my phone was the issue and ended up getting it replaced, but the problem has persisted with my new phone.

0 Likes
Mitch-FF

I do not get any error messages on messages received. I do, however, sometimes get a "Unable to deliver message" message on messages sent, although they did actually get delivered. I rarely receive photos or videos, so can't say whether or not the problem replicates itself with them. It doesn't even always happen with text messages. I have not been able to determine any pattern or similarities on when messages get delivered quickly and when they're delayed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mitch-FF let's get those messages flowing. At this point, we will want to access your account. I  have sent you a Private Message so we can begin.
RosanneMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes