Ordered a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus, dates changing randomly...
Cindermaker

We ordered it around 1:30AM MST, the date first said 9/19, then the email said 10/7 and now after a week of "shipping date not available" now it says 10/14. Does anyone have any insight to what's going on with some of these preorders? I've never done this before and it's super confusing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus, dates changing randomly...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion Cindermaker. The dates provided are estimated dates because they can change according to demand and availability of the models ordered. Once it ships, you will receive a tracking number so you are aware of the exact date you will receive it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion Cindermaker. The dates provided are estimated dates because they can change according to demand and availability of the models ordered. Once it ships, you will receive a tracking number so you are aware of the exact date you will receive it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
randballs

Then why not note that those times are a ETA and not actual?  My email says I WILL receive by 9/19, card was charged today and status moved to 10/7.  What a joke this has turned out to be.  We got up early, lost sleep before work, so we can preorder to have it on release day.  Now I have to wait till Oct.  Not very happy with Verizon

0 Likes
Cindermaker

I tend to agree, I don't understand why Verizon can't provide us with updates on what's going on. All of us got emails and confirmations, myself from a Verizon representative that it was going to arrive tomorrow and its looking extremely likely that's not going to happen. It would have been nice to be informed of these things ahead of time.

I understand that there are record preorders and that this thing is flying sales wise but his really has been a terrible experience over all, for the first couple of days after preordering I had to call to make sure that you had even gotten the preorder in the first place.

My family and I have been with Verizon forever, some ridiculous amount of time now. I don't know when I'm going to get my iPhone now, though so this is dissappointing.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If your card has been charged (and it's not just a prior authorization) you should expect to see and update soon. Your card won't be charged until the device is ready to be shipped. System might not have updated yet but if you were really charged then your device will be shipped soon.

0 Likes
mallen7321
Enthusiast - Level 3

The thing is Verizon is putting reps on these boards to soften the blow. They don't know any more than we do on these devices and are likely being left in the dark too. This is a huge mistake by Verizon all around, and a mistake by me as I should have ordered through apple.com.

I didn't get an order date of 9/19, I got one of 10/7 from the beginning and it still says that as of today in my status update. It has to be extremely frustrating for those that did get a 9/19 order date only to be told today that isn't true. Someone dropped the ball on these orders and should take responsibility for that by making up for it in other ways than "I apologize for the confusion Cindermaker. The dates provided are estimated dates because they can change according to demand and availability of the models ordered. Once it ships, you will receive a tracking number so you are aware of the exact date you will receive it."

Do you really think that helps at this point Verizon?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not to ruffle any feathers but sadly....the responses you get from reps on here are often less than helpful. They mean well but very often they are just canned responses. I know quite a few of their CS are outsourced (companies like Convergys for example) and just don't have the info to give so it's not really their fault. But unfortunately they get the brunt of the anger because they are the people that we get to see represent the company. Very unfortunate all around.

0 Likes
Cindermaker

Yeah the ball has been dropped, I agree. I don't know if they plan to do anything about this at this point although I wish they would. I have been told different dates every time I call Verizon now. It feels like no one had any idea what's happening.

I have not been charged and I may after work tomorrow try my luck at a local brick and mortar Verizon store. The most annoying part o. This whole thing is that there seemed to be no point in a pre order at all.

0 Likes
randballs

My status was just added today.  Today was the first time I seen anything on their order status site for my order.  I was only going off my confirmation email that stated I would have it by 9/19.  When I seen my card was charged this morning, I finally had a status and it shows Oct. 7.

I hope you are right though, kaebfly.

0 Likes