Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Out of space after network update
dmmadden02

I have an iPhone 6s 64GB running OS9.2, I usually use about 20-25GB of the actual 55.65GB capacity. I woke up this morning and my phone said that It was out of space to go in to setting to manage my storage. When I unlocked my phone I got a pop up that asked me to update Verizon network setting, I choose update and the pop up went away. I went ahead and went into my storage usage setting and it showed I was using all 55.65GB, but when I went through the list of everything on my phone it only totals up to about 22GB. I connected my phone to my computer and iTunes is showing that I have 31.73GB in the Document and Data category, but none of that shows in the phones storage usage. I have to assume that the 31.73GB are related to the Verizon Network update. I just assumed that after the update installed it would delete those files. I don't know if there is a way to verify the network update or a way to remove the 31.73GB of files. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Out of space after network update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get you back in action with the right storage registries, dmmadden02. Have you restarted the phone since receiving this error? I have seen storage capacity hang without a restart.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmmadden02

I have tried a normal restart and a forced restart and it still shows same usage. Have also tried restoring a backup from a month ago, but it still shows same usage in documents and data. I have considered restoring to factory setting but I have about 120 places that I use for work saved in my apple maps favorites and I don't want to loose them and icloud has no option for backing up maps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you have plenty of space with your phone here dmmadden02. That is quite a bit of info in the documents section. A software update is normally nowhere near 32GB. Let’s see if we can find out what is really taking up the space. Please go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>In the Storage section, click on Mange Storage. Here is will show how much space an app or feature is using. You can then click on the icon to see what is there and delete as needed.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmmadden02

Going to manage storage it shows that I am using 53.6gb with 1.9gb available right now. If I go through the list off all apps and features and total up all their usage it only comes out to about 20.5gb leaving almost 33gb unaccounted for.

IMG_1712.PNGIMG_1713.PNGIMG_1714.PNG1.jpg

0 Likes
mrclean1234

This doesn't account for pictures, saved text messages, emails, etc. Try deleting old text conversations and emptying trash folders on your email accounts if you can. This can free up a LOT of space. I know my Husband and I have text back and forth for 4 years and I've never deleted the conversation... That's a lot of texts!

0 Likes