Poor cellular and wifi service for 8 months after good service for 8 years prior
AlexisA

I have been a VZW customer for 8 years. I never had service issues in my house until 9 months ago. For the last 9 months, about the same time I switched from Comcast Internet to Verizon Internet, my VZW cellular signal is now virtually non-existent. As a result, I had to enable wifi-calling etc. at the request of VZW to enable making calls and was promised it wouldn't impact my data. WRONG! I started getting overages as a result. To mitigate, I was put into a larger data plan and given bonus data to prevent overages due to the terrible service. However, now my wifi service is dropping calls left and right as well. Also, in coverage areas, I can't always connect to cellular service through some apps when other apps have not issue. I have tried resetting my modem and resetting my network settings and nothing makes a difference. I have called VZW multiple times about the recent poor service and have not gotten anywhere. I was told that techs would be checking equipment and I would get updates as to the progress, and I never heard anything.... so, how do we get this fixed? If this kind of service continues, I won't be able to stay with VZW... a shame after so many years or prior reliable service.

My husband has the same problem I have an iphone 6s and he has a 5 SE.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Poor cellular and wifi service for 8 months after good service for 8 years prior
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your loyalty and tenure, AlexisA. We’re committed to do everything possible to improve your Verizon Wireless experience at home and everywhere else. You indicate that after you contacted us multiple times you were told that our techs would be checking equipment. When we do this we provide a ticket number so that we can follow up on the progress of the network team investigation. Please provide the NRB number provided when we told you that our techs would check further, and we’ll be able to follow up on that ticket and its progress.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Poor cellular and wifi service for 8 months after good service for 8 years prior
AlexisA

That is part of the problem, I have yet to receive an NRB number. Each time the agent told me they are opening a ticket with the technicians and that I would get a notification (text) with a tracking number so I could check the progress and I would get periodic updates as sometime checking equipment can take several weeks. The customer service agent hangs up with me and then I never get any notification or tracking number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlexisA, I understand that this has been a frustrating experience and I want to bring a closure to this. I'd like to review the account to see what's going on. I will be sending you a private message so we can get started.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes