Poor signal in So. Florida
bratok

Having problems with dropped calls and signal strength in South Florida. VZ map shows solid signal, but told by VZ tech that I'm in variable signal area. ATT and TMO both have great signal here, why not VZ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor signal in So. Florida
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get a network extender, bratok! The range of a Network Extender is 5,000 Sq. Ft. If you're not getting a strong signal, even when connected to it, you may want to move it to another area of the house, higher or closer to a window.

While we are always working to expand our network, we don't have the details for specific areas to know what the timeline is for improved coverage.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bratok, I absolutely understand the importance of ensuring your service is at it's best. We are always looking for ways to improve. What is the zip code of your South Florida area? Have the dropped calls that you're experiencing started recently? Is this happening indoors, outdoors, or both? Please share details so we can help.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
bratok

Zip is 33467, been like this for the last 5 years. Happens both indoors and out. Specifically, Lake Worth road west of turnpike.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, bratok! I do seem some challenges in this location. Just to clarify, was a network ticket completed in your area to fully assess the situation?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
bratok

yes, they told me it was variable signal area. I just got network extender today, it does not cover my whole house but they list 5000 sq foot coverage.

0 Likes
bratok

Michelle, Verizon has been telling me that its a challenging area for the last 3 years. Is VZ doing anything to improve the signal here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get a network extender, bratok! The range of a Network Extender is 5,000 Sq. Ft. If you're not getting a strong signal, even when connected to it, you may want to move it to another area of the house, higher or closer to a window.

While we are always working to expand our network, we don't have the details for specific areas to know what the timeline is for improved coverage.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
bratok

That's not really an answer, it has been like this for over 3 years now and still no answer. Not very encouraging!

0 Likes
cportnoy

I have the same problem I just switched from AT&T and I seem to get more dropped calls both inside and outside but noticed heavily on the turnpike which I travel daily

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for joining our wireless family cportnoy. I'm sorry you're having dropped calls since starting service. We can help with this issue by troubleshooting your phone and investigating your area. Do you have multiple lines on your account that have issues with dropped calls? How are text and data working while at home and away from home? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes