Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor signal strength help?
Ratman69

Anyone know how to improve/change settings or know what they should be to ger decent signal strength?   I have checked the map and I should have 4GLTE in just about all of the places I travel, yet the best I get is 2 bars!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Poor signal strength help?
tradeintrick
Novice

VZW has the best network. You can install the signal booster in your home but if you are travelling, I am afraid there is no way to improve it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Check Wilson Amplifiers and Amazon for boosters to help with 4G reception in a moving vehicle.  $100-300 depending on model.

tradeintrick
Novice

It will be great if VZW would like to reimburse the booster.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Why should Verizon reimburse someone for buying something from Verizon?

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Novice

At least I know Sprint and T-Mobile offers wifi calling and free signal booster.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Your reply did not answer my question.

Nonetheless, I have wifi calling available, but never need it and don't need a signal booster.........so. 

0 Likes
Ratman69

Thanks for all the answers so far!

It sounds like the answers are recommending an amplifier or similar device.  If that is the only solution, then I am going to return this phone.  According to Verizon I have 4GLTE coverage in all of the places I am having trouble, and the strongest signal I have seen is only 2 bars, which as you can imagine causes problems for me

I think that is pretty sad for a $950 phone and paying what I do for VZ service.

I do have an appointment with VZ Tech support in a store tomorrow.  If that doesn't solve my problem this phone is going back, and I might consider going back to my other carrier.

Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

$950 for any phone is about 3 times too much, but that's an opinion.  The bars on your screen indicate data signal strength, not voice...just for future reference.

0 Likes